Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Don't Get Pithy With Me!

As anyone with a calender will denote, my usual daily witty banter has been scarce of late.  As it is now the "Horse Latitudes" of the year (that dead 2 or 3 weeks after the kiddo's go back to school and we wait upon the Snowbirds) I have had little to speak of!  Although we have kept QUITE busy with builds (and specials, have 4 in paint as we speak) the extant of excitement 'round these parts have been Nil.  Home life is equally unexciting (not that that's a bad thing)  All children going to school, doing homework, staying out of trouble, and nothing has caught on fire.  What is a sardonic pessimist to do?
Critique movies!!
Yes, you're right I am a very SAD person!  But I do have to let any of my fellow videophiles know, rented "Your Highness" last night (of course this one NOT for the kiddies, they watched "Hoodwinked 2" then went to bed).  Was under the impression from some over reaching marketing that it was the NEW "Princess Bride", and as I thought that one was brilliant, gave this one a try.  Well let me tell you I was NOT disappointed!!
NO sir!  I was MORTIFIED!!!  How does Pre-adolescent dick jokes (I mean LITERALLY) and foul language, and an OVER exposure of breasts make up in the slightest for hardly a plot, BAD writing, POOR delivery and  PATHETIC humor?  I mean, What was Natalie Portman and James Franco thinking?  I mean do they need money this bad?  This comes right on the heels of "the Black Swan"  and "127 Hours"!   These folks need to take their agents out and have them shot!  Granted this kind of garbage is right up Danny McBride's alley.  Perhaps he holds incriminating pictures of James and Natalie or something, who knows! 
In the end, if you get the opportunity to watch this movie, pass it up and watch a stellar film, like "Plan 9 Form Outer Space"!
Well, I have filled up enough space, and wasted enough time!
Hope to see you soon!
Ladies "Daily Banger Special"
ONLY $45.00!!




No comments:

Post a Comment