Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

It's Official

I AM that "Old, fat guy"
Had to take Elijah in to school to get him registered for the new year (Yippee!  Almost here!").  So up at the ungodly hour of 7 am (oh Lord!) to hit the 8 am bus up to the High School.  Of course it doesn't go right TO the school (no, that would be to easy) instead it drops you about 2 miles away.  The remainder of the trip is on foot.  Now being the conscience individuals we are...no car.  Needless to say I didn't even TRY to keep up with his long legged quick stride.  Of course he had enough sense to slow down but not without the aid of "Come on, old man" cracks in abundance (again, i have NO IDEA where these children get their smart ass personalities from!) .  And for one who has sadly become accustomed to a somewhat...less the active, life style Florida without AC is no place for the ill equipped!  But we made it (rather I made it, he's young!) to find out that the bloody admissions office is open mon-thurs!  ARRGH!!!
Well at least we had some "Quality Time"!
OK, so today is the further adventures of "Crunch Time!"We will be working on more rides, have a MTB in my bay, fresh from paint, and will be tearing down a ladies cruiser, and a SWEET Schwinn, ladies touring bike!  So keep your eyes peeled for them!
Peace!

2 comments:

  1. I teach on the fifth floor of an old mill building (read; five flights of uneven, steep stairs). The building maintenance people just installed a brandy-new passenger elevator, and it's all I can do to not take it up every day. I MAKE myself take the stairs, though, because sometimes, it's the only exercise I get (I'll tell you what, though; having that elevator was a GODSEND when I was lugging three laundry hampers full of potted plants back up to my room from summer vacation at my house...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. necessity is the mother of all motivation! For me, the nagging little voices in my head (no, not THOSE voices) are constantly conspiring to get me to get out more, and loose some of this excess baggage. It's kick starting my logic circuts that's the problem@!

    ReplyDelete