Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things to do before I die.

Before I shed this mortal coil I want to fill a small room, floor to celing with a myriad of colors and sizes of ballons.  I mean PACK them in there, and take all the kids in and play wrestle 'till they all pop!
I'm a simple man with simple pleasures!
Thanks to all the outpouring of Birthday wishes, via the new modern media.  IE: E-mail, FaceBook and E-cards.  Guess it's a good thing.  Saving trees, by eliminating the need for paper!  Always in agreement on that!  Yes, had a good birthday morning!  Angie gave me the day off (regardless of my reservations) and by some fluke or happenstance I was actually able to sleep in.  Surprisingly, I was NOT awoken by yelling, screaming or loud noises (they waited until this morning to do that, by way of exploding balloon outside our bedroom door at 7.30.  Lovely children) When i did awake at 11.00 it was nervously aware that there was NO sound, nor movement even when I strained my ears to listen.  At which point I had to venture out to make sure everything was OK, and I was not involved in a re-make of the Vanishing.  But all was well, they were huddled in the boys room....playing quietly...MY children...playing...nicely. (thoughts then turned to a re-make of The Body Snatchers)
But have no fear, I was quickly re-assured that they were not Pod People, when upon discovering that I was awake, Chaos resumed!
The old joke about never being able to finish a book once you have children, is an Inconvenient truth!
Thankfully Angi and the kids adhered to my Birthday wish by not making a fuss.  Simple cake and Ice cream, and wonderful hand made gifts is all I request.  (although Angie couldn't help herself, and picked me up a few gems, including a package of new socks!  Been months since I indulged in them!
Thanks to Chip for popping ion today to give his wishes and have a chit chat of the goings on in our little biking community.  He has all the poop, and keeps me in the loop!  Of course, as always in morphed into a confab about everything else, from vintage typewriters, to the Monkee's Trivia (white out, and Mike Nesmith...Google it~!)
Also, FINALLY got some new strips from Paco!  YAY!!! it has been TOO long.  But hey, the boy has a life too!
Well the rain has kept many at bay, which in a way, I guess is good.  As we have little to sell....But we are working on it!  Have many to build and hopefully that will keep going!  (barely skimmed the surface of what lurks in the garage!)  So keep your eyes peeled on this Blog!
Talk latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment