Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Getting With The Times, Daddy-O!

Anyone reading this chronicle of meaningless pap, and incessant diatribes, with no real social import will be well aware of my penchant for pointing out the difference in generations.  For sure, a subject well worn by most media for, well...about as long as "media" has been around.  The "Generation Gap" if you will, ever present since man stood erect (and was told not to touch it or he would go blind) and mommy and daddy hominid couldn't understand why Junior wanted to go Mastodon tipping! They just "weren't with the times!"  man!  A fact which became blindingly apparent to me (as if I needed further conformation)  the other night.After dinner, in our house is story time!  We all gather in the sitting room before the little guys go to bed, and we read from, whatever they pick out.  Currently we are on "Shredderman: Vol 2" (surprisingly quite an engaging story. Quite frankly I think I'm more excited to find out what happens to the protagonist then the kids are!) Perched in my normal spot (right corner of long couch: closest to the table lamp, where I keep my reading glasses) I was engaged in chapter 7 when the blaring difference in parent/child communication of this newest more "technologically advanced" generation was made apparent.  In a world overgrown with cell phones, hand held entertainment centers, video games, and computers ( yes, I am well aware of the irony of me using a computer to relay that sentiment) not to mention "text speak" (the newest Orwellian prediction come to fruition) it still was a creeping epiphany when in the middle of reading Logan, struck with the urge to visit the facilities could have said "Dad, please hold on a moment, I have to go to the bathroom" or "may I please go to the restroom"  No.  My little technophile uttered one simple word:
 "pause!"
A Comedian, who's name I can not recall once referred to his parents as "Furniture".  Apparently I have become a Nintendo.
Anywho.
Without a doubt school is on it's way!  Yesterday was a flurry of activity as far as repairs go!  (Thanks to all greatly!)  Thanks to Nancy and her Beau for trusting us so completely!  They'd been in the day before last to pick up a set of handle bars for his ride, and they came back in with their sons bike to have it made ready for the new year!  And as much as I appreciate when folks have enough faith in us when they say "do whatever it needs" I wasn't sure they were fully aware of just how much "teenage boy damage" had been done to the otherwise sharp looking Mongoose XR200, so I had to give them a ring to check!  Apparently they were a tad bit surprised we did that!  Still surprises me what folks are accustomed to when dealing with bike shops. And also a big thanks for them referring a friend that same day!
Also, picked up some more goodies!  A (soon to be) nice men's Diamondback MTB, some bangers and a couple of scrap bikes with MUCH needed parts!
I'm down to the last full re-build for a customer then it's back to building stock!  Hopefully will have more goodies for you to see!
Speaking of which, check out this sweet Schwinn MTB below!  Check out the Far-out handle bars!
All right, enough chatter, I've got work to do!  See ya'll soon!

21 speed chromoly frame
schwinn!
ONLY $95.00!!
Sorry about the picture quality! We are working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment