Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Irony

Had to run a short errand this morning and as speed was of the essence I gave Yellow Cab  a call.  Most of the local drivers know us and it was Chris's turn this time around.  He's an older Yankee, having grown up on Revere Beach in it's heyday.  For those of the uninitiated that's about 25 minuets from Boston via the Subway.  Well of course after the conventional greetings I asked how his family was, as he has two daughters still living up that way.  Turns out that two days prior to the Marathon one daughter had just returned from a two year tour in Afghanistan and as part of the return celebration they decided to head out and watch the Marathons finish.  She was 300 feet from the first explosion.  Thankfully they were unscathed, but for several hours Chris was going through hell as there was a communication black out, or loss of cell phone reception because he wasn't able to reach her until much later that evening!  I can't begin to imagine what he must have been gong through although the potential irony was not lost on him as the first thing that came to his mind when he heard the news and couldn't reach her was "she survives 2 years in Afghanistan and gets blown up at home!"
Thankfully for them this was not the case.
And I know this news is a little dated as I haven't been following the updates religiously but I just learned today that some of the injured in the blast were the surviving parents of the Newtown massacre! 
Holy $#!+!!!!!
I am a firm believer that God gives only as much adversity to a person as they can handle.  I have to say that these persons have to posses the strongest character in the history of humankind!!!!  Our prayers go out to them. 
Now most people who know me know that I am relatively  level headed, laid back pacifist.  I rarely feel that violence of any kind is the answer and in my short history have very rarely raised my hands in anger.
but.
I am about to share a rather dark, macabre thought I have had.  Any of you with meek constitutions, or pacifist leaning opinions may NOT want to read the following...

History is littered with stories of conquering armies and defending armies displaying some of the corpses of fallen foes as a warning or message to possible retaliates to not screw with them.  Here's a thought...
Law enforcement did a fantastic job in  a short span of time in finding the culprits of this heinous tragedy.  One is dead and the other as I write this is on the run and Boston PD and several other enforcement groups are doing a house to house search for the bastard.  They WILL get him and it is my fervent hope that he puts up a fight.  I wish no officers harm, but I want them to take him out.  No prolonged court case.  No Prison. No appeals. No chance to disperse his message of hate.  Just dead.
THEN.
Take his corpse, and the one of his fallen scumbag friend, skewer them like a Shish Kebab and stand them up at the entrance to Haymarket Square!  Show the other potential "martyrs" that THIS is where their campaign leads them!  NOT some fantasy land with a bunch of virgins serving them Mai Tai's, or Valhalla, or Stovokor or wherever they think such cowardly inhuman acts send them!
Yeah, I know we are supposed to be civilized, and i realize that this opinion is one created in the heat of anger and I'll probably regret it later but sometimes when dealing with the uncivilized heathens in this world you have to damn rationality and get your hands dirty.


No comments:

Post a Comment