Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

His Generosity Knows No Bounds!

Wow!
I mean....just....WOW!
I am at times chided by some for my optimistic faith in humanity.  Even my children have a hard time comprehending the trust I bestow in folks.  Let me explain.  I am a firm believer in karma as I have, far more times then I can count, seen proof positive of the existence of "what comes around goes around".  In the end if you place your trust and faith in someone you have received karma points for belief.  If they turn around and screw you....they're the ones carrying that mark.  And it will come back to bite them in the ass.  That's the beauty of it!  I don't need to get angry, upset or vengeful.  The Cosmos has got my back.
Again.  I have been fortunate enough to see this in action, to deleterious effect.
(Just one example: About a year and a half ago we were having a sidewalk sale at the old location and had several bikes out front.  When my back was turned a group of young nare-do-wells jumped on three of them and took off.  My ire was only mild as I stood at the front door watching them take off as Kaleb jumped on his bike and pursued. Immediately Fate stepped in, and as one young heathen turned to flip Kaleb off....He was T-boned by an oncoming car. It took him a few moments to stagger up and limp painfully off.   And if that wasn't retribution enough three days later another young cohort brought the other two stolen bikes into our shop to try and sell them.  Not only branded by Fate, but short on brains!)
But I digress!
As only further reaffirmation of my resolution of faith in humanity I had a call and visitor yesterday.  See, as I have mentioned before upon moving to our new location we have had a monumental increase in the number of folks wanting to use credit cards.  We stuck to our guns as long as possible but it has become quite evident that we need to offer this option.  So Angela has been undergoing a concentrated effort to locate a service that will work with us.  It ain't as easy as I had thought it would be.  As we have NO credit to speak of, finding someone to work with us is tricky.  Well, apparently a few days ago our friend David from Canada was at  local computer store and struck up a conversation with a gent who was there promoting the credit card processing company he represented.  As David is aware of our efforts to take cards, not to mention our woes in that regard he, get this...
Offered to cosign for us.
Again.....WOW!
To take that kind of risk to take responsibility for another person, much less someone who by clinical definition is not family!?
WOW!
As it turns out , as this is an American company, you have to be an American citizen to cosign.  But the mere fact that he offered!  Dave, f you're reading this, I thank you so very, very much for the faith and trust you placed in us by making this offer!
See.
Regardless of what horrors you may see on the evening news, they pale in the light of the more common good that resides in all of us.
It's a thought that makes it so much easier to sleep at night!
ANYWAY!
Managed to put out a few more goodies yesterday while at the same time kept up with repairs!  In short, I was a busy little bee!  So check 'em out and even more important COME IN and check them and more out!
See ya!

CUTE 20" CRUISER!!
ONLY $40.00!!!
(ISN'T YOU LITTLE PRINCES WORTH IT?)

LADIES 26" DUAL SHOCK MTB!!
ONLY $70.00!!!

SWEET LOOKING 20" BEGINNERS BMX!!
ONLY $40.00!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment