Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

Excuse me. Please Get Your Foot Of My Cerabelum.

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but I lost a day somewhere!  All day today I thought it was Wednesday!  It wasn't until Elijah brought it to my attention at work that it was in fact Thursday, did I realize how fried my brain was.  Speaking of "sauteed cerveaux" had a real Alzheimer's moment today!  Gent had brought in a ride for repairs Tuesday.  Logan took it in, and I  hit it Wednesday morning (the first Wednesday).  Done, I called and left a pick up message, and the Joe came in to snag it up.  When I gave him the bill he just looked surprised and said "I thought it was on warranty?"  Thus began a tense ten minutes of soul searching, questioning my sanity and deeply pondering the necessity of a catscan!  In ten years I have NEVER firgotten a bike I built and even though I've seen this common Mongoose MTB many times before I'd never seen THAT one!  After a couple minutes of explaining from the customer, I remembered him.  He came in on Friday with a Roadmaster in need of work far exceeding it's worth, and opted to buy the Mongoose....a DIFFERENT Mongoose!  Yes, the one before me was blue, but the one he bought was chrome!  Long story short...I had not misplaced my marbles in Never Neverland, he just didnt remember the color of the bike he bought, only that he bought a Mongoose.  As it turns out, he got scammed.  He bought the good Mongoose for someone else who was homeless, and they obvioudly sold or traded it on the street, than got this clunker and tried to scam repairs out of him....and us! Now before the humanist climb venomously down my throat, NO I'm not insinuating that homelessness equals criminal activity, but I've seen enough of this kind of thing to make a judgement call, so just relax, eat your granola and natural herb tea in that recycled ceramic cup and lets move on.
The vindication of the retention of my faculties was euphorically redeeming.
Managed to put out two sweet new rides today, a real sharp, like new looking 24" Mtb, and a BIG BOY GT Hybrid!  Oh...we can NEVER have enough of those!  Check out the swag below if you're so inclined.
The homefront is..well...
Suffice to say, angi has had her hands FULL! Miranda has been a real pip the last four days, as it has been a full moon.  She refuses to go to bed until the wee hours of the morning so she's been pretty much on my schedule.  I just had to lead her to bed as she passed out on the couch with her neck cocked in a very painful way!  Regrettably...she's going to feel it in the morning....later morning?
Elijah informed me today that not only is there a new woman in his life but that a friend of his was going to be teaching him how to drive a stick shift as he is in the process of buying a car, an SUV to be precise.
If you don't have to drive in our area....stay iff the roads!
Anywho!
Aside from that, life moves on as expected, and tomorrow I got the WHOLE day to build newbies!  Keep an eye out for update!  Okay, so now, I'm going to figure out where Suzanne took off too (RABBIT!) then go pass out!
See ya tomorrow!
LIKE NEW 24" DUAL SHOCK MTB!!
ONLY $85.00!!

THE RARE AND ELUSIVE "BIG BOY" HYBRID!!
ONLY $180.00!!!

6 comments:

  1. Steven- I put a small triangular sticker on every bike I build. It says "Another Victim of Chip's Garage". I could very easily build you a page of stickers with your shop logo and phone number, so you might put one on every bike that goes out the door.

    See you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, put those new tube stickers somewhere on YOUR bikes where the repair stand clamp won't kill them. I keep forgetting that rule and screwing mine up.

    DUH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would it be too much trouble to keep a digital file of the bikes you sell? A listing by make, model and serial number?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say the word, Steven, and I will build you a Sales Record Form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Digital? Did you say DIGITAL!? BWAHAHAHA! I have barely enough time to chicken scratch in my composition notebook any notes i need to keep! Seriously though, yea, it would maje great sense to do so, just one of many brilliant ideas I never get around to implementing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Digital? Did you say DIGITAL!? BWAHAHAHA! I have barely enough time to chicken scratch in my composition notebook any notes i need to keep! Seriously though, yea, it would maje great sense to do so, just one of many brilliant ideas I never get around to implementing.

    ReplyDelete