Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Plays Like A Country/Western Song!

So, last night after dining on a fine meal of crow , both Angi and I realized we were being stupid and buried the hatchet.  Thankfully I skillfully zigged and she buried it in the table instead!
BA-Dum-BUMP!
 Of course, any kind of opportunity to seal the sorry was waylaid by a very grumpy Miranda who had us up until 12.30 after a short power nap at seven O'clock! 
OY VEY! 
It worked out OK, as I was forced to sit down and watch Happy Feet 2 with her.  I've been hesitant to watch it since it's released, as I was not overly fond of the first.  It was OK, but just a wee bit Polyanish for me,  This one, however was wonderful.   Matt Damon and Brad Pitt supplying the voices for two Krill (yea, the little shrimp thingies that whales eat) were HILARIOUS!! 
Elijah is having a tough time of it.  Not with the job, as much with the distance.  The realization has set in regarding the demands of the job and travel, not to mention the long time away from everything he has known for the last eighteen years.  I'm just thankful we can text and Skype so as to help him through it.  I know he will eventually adjust but it is hard to hear him struggling.  We all miss him, and the void at the dinner table is hard to adjust to as well. 
Sorry to be maudlin.
I want to thank all the looky loo's from yesterday braving the elements to come in and check us out, some of whom have had the fortitude to keep coming back, in search of the perfect ride.  We feel very honored that they have chosen to wait for us to get that ride instead of just going somewhere else!  The ladies cruiser we put out two days past sold right out of the gate after we opened, and we did manage to put out two newbies as well.  Thought it was going to be three, but as I was working on what I thought would be a nice Giant Cypress, and after completely stripping it down, realized that the bad sealed bottom bracket was NOT coming out!  The curse of steel rusted in aluminum!  ARRGH!  Sadly, had to scrap it.  Although the bright side is I got some good parts to rebuild a Trek we got in.  Which reminds me, thank you to the several who made donations yesterday!  A couple are a little to far gone for rebuild, but they bore some good part that will come in handy!
Speaking of parts, still working on the parts department for the blog, digging through our plethora of parts buckets, discovering all sorts of treats I forgot we had!  HOO-RAY for organization! 
So with that, I'm gonna get back at it and see if I cant get that up and running!
See ya soon!


20" MONGOOSE 3.0
ONLY $50.00!!




26" DUAL SHOCK MTB!
EXCELLENT CONDITION!
ONLY $85.00!!

1 comment:

  1. Alas, Elijah.

    Nothing in cyberspace, no amount of time spent in cyberspace, can ever prepare you for the true vastness of meatspace. Quite the opposite, in fact. It really is a great big REAL world out there.

    Good luck, kid. Enjoy it. Explore. Be.

    ReplyDelete