Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2014

End O' The Day Blog!

Well, Logan and I are waterlogged at the shop!  I can handle a run in the rain, but he already got soaked coming here from Math Club and I don't want him to catch a chill.  So here we sit, waiting on United Cab.  And no,  just because I know you are going to ask, I do not wish we owned a car for moments like this.  I'd rather be inconvenienced once then be shackled with the daily inconvenience of car owner ship!  I'll keep my two wheels, thank you very much!
So, obviously with the onset of the rain earlier today, things slowed down considerably.  We did, however, send the newly minted Trek 800 home with a VERY happy young man.  He'd been searching high and low from here to his (until recently) home state of Missouri for just such a ride. However, the closest he could find was twice the price and only half the bike.  It was kind of funny, as he stood admiring the fine machine he asked if it "really was a Trek".  Apparently he couldn't believe how little we were asking for it considering it's excellent condition and how much he had seen similar bikes sell for elsewhere!  Heh, Heh!  Notice my thinly veiled self promotion?
Then the cab arrived.
Next Day!
As I was saying, he left a very happy camper.  We also sent the cute little 24" dual shock home with a gent, also a little surprised at just how little we were asking for it, as he asked, with a suspicious lilt to his inquiry,  "what was wrong with it".   Not a thing, that's just how we roll! 
Before the rain hit we also had several looky loo's come through, but alas, we are still a little light on stock.  We are working on another classic (almost done).  This one is turning out to be a sweet looking little vintage Raleigh Mountain bike.  I'm rather surprised actually, as this was a rusted away hulk sitting in bone row that I almost scrapped out.  Thankfully, desperation for anything to put out on the line drove me to give her a go.  I'm glad I did.   Old chrome and alloy always cleans up so well, but this one was so bad I thought it was a lost cause.  But, with some elbow grease (not to mention a few replacement parts) and she is turning out to be a real gem!  After that's done, it's back at the repairs!  They have languished for the past few days as I was waiting for an order of (*shudder*) new parts!  AHHHHHH!  As you can tell, we don't much care for adding to the countries landfills by ordering new stuff, but you do what you have to! 
Well, Elijah seems to be slowly adapting to life on the road.  Work has him Hopping!  In the last week and a half he has been to Georgia, Louisiana, West Virginia and currently waiting out a snow storm to head to Arkansas.  He announced on his last call, proudly, that he made his first snow angel!  Yes, still some kid in him.  After Arkansas, they have a lull and are not sure exactly how long they will have until they have to move on.  So it seems he will be cooling his heels at the hotel until they get their marching orders.  I'd love to tell him about any scenic hot spots he might visit while waiting there...but I can't think of any.  Oh well. 
Anywho!
I best get a move on!  These repairs are not going to fix themselves!  Wouldn't that be cool, though?  Like, straight out of Stephen Kings Christine.  I sit on a stool, look at the bike, then in a low tone say...
"OK, Show me."
See ya soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    Clan Atherton is saving about $10K a year by not having a car. To figure your daily cab allowance, simply divide that by 365. There ya go.

    And I have to admit that I am kind of envious. I HATE driving. But The Lovely JoAnn and I do go out to The Mouse from time to time, and that's a bit of a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete