Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Growing to big, too quick!

Well, it would appear I have become somewhat obsolete!  As Elijah has left the home for greener pastures (albeit temporarily) the seating arrangements at the table have shifted. Each child moves one seat over.  This has brought young Ms. Miranda from the high chair to the table.  At least as a consolation I am still feeding her evening meal.  Or that is to say I was.  No, almost in conjunction with Elijah's departure and her move to the big table, young miss has decided she is big enough to feed herself!  They grow to damn quick!  I liked that time at dinner I could just focus on her as it's the only time she maintains eye contact for more then 10 seconds as the remainder is spent exploring every facet of her surroundings with very rapid grabby hands!  Of course, growth is not limited to the youngest. Oh nay, nay!  Perhaps it's our changing nest that has made me more keenly aware of each child's peccadillo's but some of them at times can be hilarious!  Logan is finally starting to come out of his shell and smartly acquiring some of Dad's questionable traits!  In particular, his risqué sarcastic humor.  He got us good with a couple this weekend that had us in hysterics! 
Speaking of this weekend!  Tax time came around again!  YAY!  The one time of year that the true value of all our little tax deductions becomes apparent!  Of course we did the annual bringing of all accounts up to date, and thankfully we were not far off!  Then Angi and I went out to support our national economy and splurged on the kiddos!  Granted, it wasn't toys they would have appreciated more, BUT it was all new wardrobes for each child and all new bedding.  The last sets were somewhat scattered.  As Owen has a tendency to sneak pieces outside for swings and hammocks and such.  Then, of course, Mama's annual phone upgrade (not to mention some more Magic cards for her geek husband!).  All in all, a busy weekend!
But now I am back here and on target.  And BOY what a weekend!  The demand has not let up!  Built three on Saturday, but they sold just as quickly as I could put them out.  And sorry, but I'm not going to go through the cruelty of picturing them here.  Unfortunately doing that confuses some folks as I get calls asking if we still have the bike, even though we have labeled them as sold.  Suffice to say, there were two nice hybrids and a cruiser.  'Nuff said!  Also, we'd like to thank ALL the folks bringing in their repairs!  We stayed late on Saturday to finish up a couple for folks willing to wait!  Even on Sunday, when even though we were closed, I had to run to the shop to grab a couple things I forgot, and found two folks waiting at the door.  Don't know how long they were here, but I guess they assumed we were still open on Sunday. 
And also, on the "hate the messenger" front, please don't.  You have heard me talk before of the ten minute rule?  Where someone looks at a bike we have, really likes it, but decides they are going to "go check out a couple more places" or "is going to think about it" then inevitably someone comes in ten mins later and snatches it up?  Well, just such a thing happened with the ladies GT we had.  A lady came in, rode it, loved it, but was going to "look around".  This time, as she was leaving a gentleman came in, test rode it and came back in, leaving it outside stating "I'm Sold!" and rode her away, a happy camper.  Then, less then a half hour later the lady came back in (apparently she had gone up the street and damn near died when she saw how much the NEW equivalent of that hybrid sold for) to buy the bike and was quite livid that it was no longer here.  She questioned, quite animatedly, why I sold the bike she wanted.  Admonishing me for selling it out from underneath her.
??????
Um.... 'cause we are a bike shop?  That sells bikes?  Please forgive my sarcasm but what some people find for cause of indignation sometimes surprises me. 
ANYWAY!
We are STILL waiting for folks to bring in more goodies!  I prayed this morning for someone to bring me in a truckload of bikes to buy, but unfortunately I was not specific enough.  Sure enough, a truckload DID come in...but with only ONE of them being salvageable!  Yes folks, even WE cannot save ALL bikes!  I hate to see them go to the scrap yard, but I can only hope they enjoy their next life, whatever that incarnation shall be!
All right, I have blathered enough, now it's on to work!
See ya soon!



2
Our little Miss experimenting with table manners!
3









2 comments:

  1. Steven-

    You know I was there when those two ladies were in there looking at that sleek black GT. I watched them leave, and I was very tempted to run out after them, screaming, "NOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT! DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT THE BIKE!!"

    But what the hey, we both knew the bike would sell in about five minutes anyway. And it went to the right owner: The one that knew a good deal when they saw it.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see what I'm saying folks?! You couldn't make this stuff up!

    ReplyDelete