Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

No Time To Breathe.

Yesterday marked our last Sunday open.  Sunday was a two-fold solution.  One; we wanted to accommodate all the Veolists not able to get in during the week, but also, two:  give Elijah a way to earn some cash (to pay his cell phone bill).  But now, as he is off on his new life, I came in to fill the void.  But I have to face facts, as much as I love our shop and my work, we NEED the day!  Not only to just spend time with the family we do this for every day, but to give both Angi and I a chance to breathe!  With all that she does all week, the many sleepless nights, and now with the lack of an assist from Elijah in the AM, she needs the chance to tune out while I get MY break and spend time with the kids.  And of course, last night, her first evening before having to get up first thing in the morning today, right as we were going to bed, Miranda woke up and kept her up for I don't know HOW long!  Needless to say, even coffee didn't improve Mommas disgruntlement.  SO, from now on we go back to the old schedule as modified on our home page.
Saturday was a Whiz Bang of a day, I'll tell you!  If it wasn't nailed down, it went home with new families!  In just under thirty minuets in the early part of the day we sent seven rides to new homes!  WHEW!!  All told, at the end of the day eleven babies left the nest!  Two of them after being just born!  Barely even had time to list the birth announcements! 
OK.  Enough with the child rearing metaphors. 
But really, it was a humdinger of a day that has left us VERY dry!  So if you got some old rides wilting away in your yard or garage, bring them in TODAY!  WE NEED 'EM! 
We did manage to pick up another tandem, this one a real sharp looking 5 speed.  Also got a couple sweet looking BMX'ers and one is a real nice looking Fitbike!  SAH-WEEEET! 
Spent some time on the web looking for bike auctions, seeing if I could dig up some more raw material.  So we'll see how that goes. 
Elijah Update;  He hit Georgia Saturday night, but didn't start work on the job until Sunday evening.  We are hooked up with on Skype, so I was able to have a little face time with him, digital style.  This will come in handy, as we can hook the computer up to the TV once a week and the whole family can visit with him, face to face.  As he hasn't had much of an opportunity to explore (except for the local I-Hop) not much more to report!
OK, so now we are all up to date.  Going to pray REAL hard that folks come in to sell me stuff today!  We'll let ya know!
See ya soon!


5 SPEED TANDEM W/NEW TIRES!
ONLY $175.00!!



FITBIKECO BMX!!!
ONLY $165.00!!

4 comments:

  1. Steven-

    I have to admit the new web page header had me fooled for a minute. (WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? AND WHAT IS IT??) Then, l as I read it, I knew it had to be you.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh....remember the classic anthology show... "The Outer Limits"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. The Twighlight Zone wannabe. I knew that's where it came from, but didn't want to debag the cat. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the original was a pale copy of Twilight Zone, but the remake they did from 1995-2002 was actually really good! Even though it was an anthology show, it turned out it had continuity, as the stories ended up tying in together. Plus they had some real cool guest stars! Check out "The Sandkings" with Lloyd and Beau Bridges! One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete