Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What Does Tony Stark And Spock Have In Common?

Aside from being the undeniable draw of their respective team franchises?
Audi!
My hats off to the advertising geniuses that came up with this FANTASTIC advertisement!  First we saw Tony Stark cruising around in the Audi R8 E-Tron and now thanks to Yahoo "Trending Now" I caught the new Audi add featuring BOTH Spocks!  Showing a much more playful side of the elder Spock it is absolutely HILARIOUS with many a "Tip o' the Hat" to Trekkie lore! You'll forgive me for sounding so giddy, but more and more as time progresses mass media has given more and more credibility and expose to the fandom I enjoyed silently in my youth.  See when I was going to school it was sacrilege to bring a comic book to school, or to profess your love for your particular fandom by sporting a Federation T-shirt.  Oh Sports Jerseys and Rock Band paraphernalia was OK, but to admit to being a "Geek" or "Fanboy" would get you pants in gym, or loose you your lunch money and what little dignity a 15 year old could have.  But nowadays?  Totally different world! 
And I am SO thankful for the enlightenment that has been bestowed upon you all!  Finally folks are realizing the joy and excitement I have always known!
Don't you all feel so much more enriched?
Well before I show you this brilliant add I want to take a second to thank Angi for filling in for me yesterday.  I had to go home early due to a self inflicted wound.  In my advancing age I am discovering (much to my bullheaded stubbornness I won't acknowledge readily) I can't eat the things I use to.  In particular, Wheat Thins with Cheezewhiz at 11.30 at night, then go to bed.
Oh....
It's not pretty.
Suffice to say (and saving you all from becoming ill yourselves) I was crampy.  So my beloved wife swooped in to my rescue and sent me home where I took a hot bath, drank lots of water and fell asleep in front of Star Wars (the original) and slept for 13 hours.  Which is a shame because in my semi-sleep state I smelled the roasted chicken she was making!  DELISH!  I'll have to have leftovers tonight!
ANYWAY!  Thanks love for looking out for your old man!  And also thanks to Kaleb for helping out in the shop and Elijah for watching the babies and keeping 'em quite so I could sleep! 
So now to the brilliant Ad.....

No comments:

Post a Comment