Search This Blog

Friday, May 17, 2013

If you land on Bankrupt on the "Wheel Of Misfortune" is it a good thing?

At this point I am praying to hit "Lose A Turn"!
Yea, at this point Fate is just flaunting his macabre sense of humor.  Yesterday was going respectively well.  Took in a plethora of repairs (thank you all so very much!) banged out the ones I could get done without ordering parts, then hunkered down to putting out some new rides.  Managed to get out three and start a forth when it came time to close up.  Perhaps Fate was listening at this point because when everything was brought in and the paper work was finished I locked the door behind me heaving a heavy sigh, and in the absence of any tragedy that day as I climbed aboard my bike  I let out an audible "we made it!"
At that point I got a text.
I swear I heard someone or something chuckle!
Seems that the Cosmos was not even close to being done with our family.  This time he struck directly at Angela.  See, Miranda has taken to her walker like a fish to a chum bucket and has become quite adept and agile.  So much so that we have to go to the extraordinary lengths of barricading the front room as both the media room and boys bed room sit sunken 6 inches. After starting dinner last night Angela was returning to the back room and had to hurtle the barricade.  Unbeknowst to her Izabella had just spilled a cup of water on the hard wood, right where mommas foot was heading.  In her words "It was like a cartoon!" her leg went out from underneath her and all her force landed on her knee and shin while bending her ankle.  And even though she was in a great deal of pain she sent me a text, worrying about how I'd react by saying " Don't freak...."
Well it was advice ignored.  Luckily nothing appears to be broken and she is no fan of hospitals so we did not bring her in.  And much to my discredit I did not immediately insist this morning that I bring the girls with me.  Truth be told I am just so use to her being strong I didn't originally think of it this morning, and to my shame that hurt her.  She is however an iron willed woman and adamantly soldiered on.  I know better then to argue at that point.  Best to just admit I screwed up.  I can be rather singularly minded when it comes to the operation of this place, at times to the point of neglectful to her needs beyond simple monetary necessities.
In other words I'm a big ass!
So we're going to put this one in the "need to make up for" column.  It's a mighty BIG ledger!
ANYWAY!
"Tis now my turn to soldier on, cross my fingers and hope for the best! 
Talk with y'all soon!

20" MONGOOSE REBEL BMX!!
ONLY $60.00!!!

"LIKE NEW" 2003 SPECIALIZED SIRRUS A1 ELITE!!!
ONLY $240.00!!

SORRY BUT THIS GEM ONLY LASTED ABOUT 10 MINUETS BEFORE IT SOLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment