Search This Blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

Perhaps If I Slam My Head Against This Rock A Few More Times It Won't Hurt As Much!

Oh Yea.
One of those days!
I don't know, perhaps I am just mellowing with age but things don't seem to phase me as much as they supply an unending supply of humor.  Oh yes, the Daddy language does get broken out from time to time, but by and large it rolls off the back like oil on a duck!
One of the things we don't do so much anymore is special orders.  Not that we don't like to do something special for folks, it's just the guilt factor.  See, when someone looks at something in bone row and wants it built up, we give 'em a speculative price for the finished project.  But in some cases, as we progress on the work unforeseen circumstances crop up, and inevitably the price increases.  That's where the guilt comes in.  Even though we forewarn them we still feel it.  So it was with some trepidation I agree to undertake a three wheeler project.  Honestly wouldn't have done it but it was for one of our shops best friends, Mike.  Not to mention the fact it was for his mom.  We stripped down an elder three wheeler and he took it out to have it powder coated.
That's where the trouble began.
When they did the powder coat they didn't mask off the threads or the bearings.  Therefore had to spend time scouring out the crud, and replace the bearings.  Problem with that was they were old school.  Not metric.  Leaving me with having to replace the whole axle and freewheel as well. Oh and the problems didn't end there.  A variety of modifications ensued.  Finally she once again looks like a bike!
Except for the fact that the seat that was suppose to go on was broken.
Oy VEY!
To top it off, our final fire inspection is scheduled for today, and even though our landlord knew about it for over a month he waited until last night and this morning to send in a crew to take care of the two page laundry list we had.  Talk about nail bitter!
Of course there were all the repairs that came in yesterday that I was not able to get to for the two above reasons!  Although we do thank everyone profusely for understanding the delay!
Now of course the fun didn't end there!  Kaleb was sent to our supplier to get some parts yesterday afternoon and ended up taking 2 and half hours (for a 30 minute round trip) and returned limping his bike in.  The flat he changed the day before was once again blown. 
OY VEY!
Once we finally got home had to turn around and go to Wal-Mart to grab some surge protector's (fire code) so Angi and I broke out our rides and headed off.  Of course as it was dark we required our lights.  Now how could our day be complete without one of the lights falling off and shattering on the ground.  Well, no problem we'll jut pick up a new one when we get to Wally World.
We got about a block further until we saw rollers.
Oh Yea.
Not one but TWO SUV Police Cruisers pulled us over. 
Now, I consider this only  minor inconvenience.  I have no warrants, or legal issues nor does Angi.  Our noses are Dawn Clean!  So I shrugged, gave them my info and showed them the broken light.  All the while casting soothing glances at my lovely wife as I saw the quite apparent Irish Fire flaring in her otherwise passive visage. 
ooooooo.
She was clearly agitated.  Not to mention righteously indignant to the response she noticed from the officer sitting in his cruiser when he finally ran our information and discovered there was nothing to be had on us. 
Remember... "Dawn Clean!"
Appernetly we were not the droids they were looking for allowing us to "Move along....move along"  At this point the diatribe of anti-establishment, "#^@* the police!" and "Don't they have anything better to do's" ensued.  For my part I tried real hard to contain my giggles.
I don't think she appreciated that.
I just can't see getting upset at what is.
ANYWAY!
So today, now that the non-work is out of the way I will be focusing on the repairs, then the builds as tomorrow is Saturday and we NEED more stock!
See ya soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment