Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Right Now...."

Forgive my disappearance from the keyboard for the last couple days.  I'd become a wee bit burnt out from my ramblings (as I'm sure others had) and decided to dedicate my mornings to getting caught up on some work.  Unfortunately I have nothing new to show for it as everything built sold quicker then I could post.  But trust me when I say they were wicked cool!  No I decided I'd best hold off on my incessant prattling until i had something worthwhile to say. 
Now I do.
I have to address the atrocity that occurred recently in China.  Not all information is available regarding the newborn baby found in a sewage drainpipe save the fact that he is alive and well.  Thank God.  But as for the circumstances surrounding his arriving there they are still sketchy.  However, from this tragedy may hopefully come some blessing.  As many in China have already been raising questions regarding China's Population control tactics as being arcane and unnecessary. Not to mention potentially lethal within the generations to come, as the current population is limited to one child (2 in rural areas) some families choose to "dispose" of female babies or abort them when it is discovered they are female.  Apparently someone did the math and after 30 years the population is askew to a male dominated populace.  Go figure!  No who will sire the next generation?  It goes to show you that you should not tamper in God's will.  But honestly I'm not writing this to lament others policies.  No, for as corny and maudlin as it may sound I have another take on this.  When my wife heard of the child's plight, she could not stop crying and felt the urge to race to China to inform them SHE would take the baby.  For all the horror we hear in this world I walk another path.  With fear of plagiarising Van Halen...
Right now more good is being done then evil.  Children are happy, vaguely aware they are loved.  Somewhere someone is kissing someone, and someone is helping someone unable to do for themselves.  Someone is watching your back even though you are not even aware of them, and if need be they will put their life on the line to defend yours. Somewhere a man or woman is doing a hard days work to care for those they love and are not expecting anymore praise then a paycheck.  Somewhere someone has invented something to make our lives easier, better, safer.  Someone is smiling or laughing at someones humor.  Just now, a person stopped in their day to appreciate something they themselves had not created. 
There is more to life then the things we see thrust before us in an attempt to grab headlines and advertising revenue. 
Take a moment and think about your day so far and wonder is it as bad as the little tribulations would make us believe or better then, in light of all we are blessed with.
Now take a moment to watch this clip and see if it doesn't give you goose bumps.




No comments:

Post a Comment