Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Lament

I hope everyone had a great Mom's day.  At the very least better then my lovely Angela's!
If there were ever a woman that the holiday was created to celebrate it would be my wife.  Now she'll tell you that my actions at times contradict that sentiment but that doesn't make it any less true.  She has birthed 9 children and minus a few personal quirks and peccadillo's they were worth it! Not to mention having to deal with ME on a day to day basis (just imagine THAT for a moment!)  But the sad running gag around our home is that mothers day around our house, however met with well intentions is usually interrupted by disaster, tribulation or catastrophe.  This mothers day was no exception.  Making it even worse was the fact that it started Saturday evening and went well into the early morning of mothers day.  I won't get in to to much detail but it was a battle of many fronts.  The least of which was the belabored AC in the house once again freezing over and flooding the boys room.  All problems combined laid waste to the funds I had accumulated to give Momma the Mothers day she so rightfully deserves in the way of a day away from the house just doing what she would like to do.  She, ever the survivalist took it in great stride and maintained a smile while we tried to salvage what we could of the day.  In the end that is just one of many reasons why I love her!
And now I have to figure out the best possible way to make it up to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment