Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Wife REALY Loves Me!

Or maybe it's just easier to tolerate me when she has access to movies on her IPAD.  But whatever the reason she is so good to tolerate my whims.  Even in the light of the chaos from yesterday (no, not catastrophe just out of my regiment) I couldn't stop thinking about  getting home and diving head first into the series gem she found on Netflix "Enterprise"!  Yes, she humors me greatly.  After the kids went to bed I sat transfixed through four episodes before turning in, and she just smiled at me, happy that I was happy.  Like a kid in a candy store.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the pre-federation series.  Not just because it was a return to the original adventure feel of the original series but it had Scott Bakula as the lead!  I LOVED him in Quantum Leap! And unlike the previous reincarnations there didn't seem to be that prerequisite "awkward" phase to the characters as they were developed.  Check out early episodes of TNG, DS9 and Voyager.  It's like both the actors and writers didn't know the characters and didn't usually come into their own until the 2nd to 3rd season!  Here, they seemed to take the time to flesh them out.  PLUS, there was the divergence from Roddenberry's original concept of voiding conflict between crew.  It had a much more "real" feel to it.  And I'd missed several episodes in the original run, so enough time has past that it all seems new.  I still have no idea why this series never made it's seven year run.
Seven year run you ask?  Well a tad bit of trivia.  In TV parlance, 7 years is the optimum run for a syndicated series as it provides enough episodes to sell in blocks to other television stations to appeal to sponsors.  (yea. I think I got that right) Nowadays, I don't know if that even matters anymore but that's the way it was back then.  ALSO, as side jokes in the Trek universe, as 7 was the tradition that was the expectant lifespan of the Ocompan, an alien regular on Voayager, not to mention the name of the borg convert (played by Jerry Ryan (RUFF!)) who became a crew member (technically her full name was Seven of Nine)
Yea, digression.
ANYWAY!
Angela sat peacefully watching her own show, allowing me to get enthralled once again.
As far as the chaos from yesterday?  Nothing major, just had to bring Kaleb to his follow up, and the necessary preparations for such a sojourn meant relocating just about everyone to make sure both the house and shop were covered as of course the appointment was smack dab in the middle of the afternoon, throwing my whole day off!  And I am SO a creature of habit!  Guess it's cause I'm getting older and befuddled, but when my routine is interrupted I get all flustered.  Top that off with the necessity of driving there.  UGH!  I forgot just how tired driving makes me.  And then we had to drive back through school zones.  This is why I stick to my 2 mile radius life.  Much more peaceful!
So needless to say, nothing new to show you, as the remainder of the afternoon was spent taking care of the mountain of repairs we accumulated (thank you all so much for all your trust!) But today I've got several lined up for later perusal.  So with that I'm gonna sign off!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment