Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

How Middle Class American!

Yes it's true, we are open today!  I know many places close down for Memorial day to enjoy a "Three Day Weekend" but as we're not  heavy drinkers we don't have much to celebrate!  Yes, I know very cynical of me.  Sorry.  but I think for most Americans the significance of this day is lost.  It's just an extra day away from work and responsibilities.  But as ours never stops...I'm here!  Not a problem though, as the family had a hoot yesterday (and Mom and Dad actually went out Saturday night and had grown up fun!)  Our friend Daniel took Angi and I to a local "sports bar" to shoot pool and darts and in a rare moment of frivolity we actually had a couple of drinks!  That's about three of the six beers I have all year around.  Yes, given how I look like an old biker people sometimes assume I enjoy my Budweiser.  First...no.  No offence to my fellow patriots I can not stand the taste of American beer.  Second, as Angi and I primarily have no life the opportunity to shoot back a drink is limited.  First, there's no way in heck we will have alchohol in the house.  Our children have a hard enough time respecting boundaries and I think their curiosity would get the best of them and that's ALL we need!  Second, with as much mileage as our kids put on a day, we would be hard pressed to cope with them were we to be even slightly inebriated.  They'd walk all over us!  So we willingly accept a life of relative sobriety.  But it was fun to go out and hang with friends and learn darts.  Which I'm still getting a handle on.  Billiards I can handle!
So Sunday we had the traditional day of hanging with the kiddos and Miranda was introduced to the kiddie pool.  Surprisingly for one who hates taking baths she took to the pool without so much as a shudder or wail, and was kicking and splashing in no time!  She was actually upset to leave but she was getting prunny and to much sun.  Then it was Frisbee, and romping and frolicking then onto the barbecue!  Just something very primal male about cooking meat on an open flame!  Unh.unh.unh!  All the while my master plan of keeping Izzy preoccupied so she wouldn't nap was going swimmingly!  Lately she has been sleeping late and napping late then staying awake ALL night.  Poor Angi hasn't been coming to bed much before 3 or 4 in the morning because of it.  Around 7, just after dinner she started looking for her bottle, a sure sign she is preparing for a nap.  Yes, nap.  If she falls asleep before 8.30 she will get up in the middle of the night and wander until she wakes someone up to play with.  So much to Mamma's and everyone else chagrin I kept it away and instead tried to keep her preoccupied.  Around 8 someone caved and gave it to her.  At this point the boys and I were on the couch playing some new video games Daniel gave us, and as Owen was kicking my but in some fighting game Izabella climbed up on the couch and laid in my lap, bottle in hand.  I stubbornly tried to sit her up and she became upset and plopped down on the floor crying at me saying "But DADDY....I LOVE you!"  OH LORD!  Now I caved!  Thankfully 8 o'clock was late enough as she passed out in my lap in about 5 minuets and once carried to bed was still asleep as of 8.30 this morning when I left for work.
All in all a really good day off!
Well Saturday was slightly off, as presumably most folks split to long weekend retreats elsewhere, but was just busy enough (and I was just lazy enough) to not get out anything new!  Shame on me!  But I'll be making up for it today!  So keep an eye peeled and we'll be showing you goodies tonight!
See ya soon!
"TWO GUYS, A GIRL AND A PIZZA PLACE...ER....SPORTS BAR!"
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW OFF ANGIE!

"YES.  THOSE ARE PLAID SHORTS.  GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?"


"RIGHT IN THE EYE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment