Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sorry Chief...Missed It By That Much!

Only by about a half a bucket though!
By half a bucket I mean of course a 50 gallon bucket.  and that being out of six 50 gallon buckets, filled to the ever loving brim with a mish mash of assorted parts, and a plethora of nuts and bolts of a myriad of sizes!
This is all that's left out of all the goodies that were semi organized (WAY over the six buckets of odds and ends I filtered out in the whole of the Dungeon)

I'm of course referring to the monumental task undertaken three days ago to reorganize and purge the excess of materials we have in the dungeon.  A tri-fold purpose duty.  One; so as to be able to more effectively and efficiently gain access to the necessary parts and take stock of what we have. Two. To make room for next weeks import of all that remains from the overflow stock from our garage.  And three; to gain some much needed "Get Us A Home" cash!
This job was much needed and a long time coming.  As any good shop man will tell you, that given enough time spent in his or her familiar surroundings and they become quite aware of the origin and pedigree of all the items in their realm.  So those familiar will believe me when I say, revisiting each and every item made me keenly aware of just how long that item(s) had resided there.  And the more and more I found stuff that had traveled here from the infant days of our little enterprise ie: the old garage, the more and more I became vindicated for my decision to begin this ordeal!  When all is said and done, and this stuff finds it's way to the recycling yard, i will not be surprised if it does not total combined weight of over 3 tons!
Now I can freely, and without impediment move about the shop easily locating any part I may need.
i have NO idea what I am going to do with myself without having something to mumble and bitch about!
Thanks to all the folks paying us a visit today.  The gentleman who came by and picked up the Schwinn Racer we posted yesterday. A true fan and Schwinn enthusiast who engaged in a appreciative vintage Schwinn love fest with me, as we both compared our price Schwinn pieces!  Also the young man who became enthralled with the Mongoose 29'er and just couldn't leave without it!  Also to the wonderful lady, looking to help out one of her neighborhood youngsters in need of transportation to get to and fro to summer school who ended up trading two motorized bikes she had kicking around in her yard, for one of our well built goodies!  Thank you very much for simply put, being a good soul!
Later this morning I put the finishing touches on the Dungeon, and as I am now thoroughly possessed will totally clean up the front of the shop as well to top things off!
Because, this Sunday we have decided to be open as well in a thinly veiled attempt to acquire a little more cash for our move the following weekend!  Yep, it's coming up FAST!  And as anyone moving knows, is familiar with all those annoying "deposits and fee's" necessary to keep the good folks at the utility companies from going hungry.  We all know how impoverished those poor little executives can be! We even have something special planned for all who wish to visit us that day,so stay tuned for announcements!
I say later this morning, as it is now 4.oo am and I  am pausing in little Miss Miranda's early am play time,waiting to  see if she is truly asleep or just playing possum.
After I am done with this will probably explore some more of Ani-Boom.  If you are a fan of animation, should check them out!  They have some cool (and some macabre) examples of a variety of styles from all over the world there!
So with that, you all have a GREAT morning sleeping!
You lucky so an so's!

No comments:

Post a Comment