Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

I Thought Sunday's Were For Relaxation!!

LORD!
Alright before  I get to today, I just HAVE to comment on yesterday.  As some of you following us here on our little space of blogdom may already be aware, the Atherton clan is once again pulling up stakes and moving to a new home.  Now just WHERE that new home is is still undetermined, BUT move we must!  As our wonderful (denote sarcasm) landlord decided to put the house up for sale and cast us to the wolves we have to be out July first.  Unfortunately have not had all that much luck on the house search.  But none the less, we began the arduous task of starting to sort through two years of accumulation to figure what stays and what goes.  To that end the boys went to the local strip mall (our shops home none the less) to find boxes.  After an hour or so they returned...with three.  WOW!
Big help!
Beside ourselves we tried to come up with an alternative.  It was at this point that someone (perhaps me) realized that we had left a stack of boxes behind at our old house.
I'll pause here to explain:
About a year and a half ago, we relocated from our old home on North Highland, across the street ( THAT landlord failed to pay the mortgage for over a year, thus falling into foreclose, later leading to be condemned as after we left many transients used it for nefarious purposes) to our new location, but still in visual distance of the old homestead.  Still knowing how to gain access to the garage, the older boys offered to run over and grab the boxes.
Now at this point I'll point out my lovely wife, Miss Angela has long since had a keen knack at foretelling the future as it pertains to impending doom.  And in the true form of any good husband, I completely ignored her. Her opinion was it was risky going into a condemned house, but I argued it was only the garage.
I do SO hate admitting to her I am wrong!
About 15 minuets after they left i went out into the garage to switch the laundry and as our side door faces diagonal to our old place I got a very good view...
of the 7 police cars encircling the front of it.
yea.
With a chuckle and an all too realistic awareness of the silent "I told you so" i would soon see flash across Angela's eye's, I chewed and swallowed HARD a huge piece of crow, and went inside to put on my shoes and attempt to wrest my sons from the shackles of "the man".
Opening my front door I was met by two large members of Clearwater's finest and as one began to speak I quickly informed him "It's my fault!  They belong to me"  Thankfully, they both grinned,and asked if I was able to come over and talk to their Sargent.  I said no problem and led them across the street to find Elijah and Kaleb, sitting handcuffed in the driveway, head down seeming quite contrite (though I could  see the Atherton way of attempting to hide gallows humor inappropriate to the moment.  Although When they were asked to stand up Elijah did get in a muffled quip "you should be used to this, Kaleb") However all was well and the officers were of very good humor and quite polite, but it was a TAD bit unnerving to find that once they recognized the boys, and the officers guns were holstered, they realized who I was!  In some warped way it was somewhat flattering however as their initial reaction to the boys B & E was one of full on S.W.A.T tactics , but quickly changed their tune when they recognized they were the sons of the Bike Guy!
Ah "It's good to be the king!"
We were then asked if there was anything we needed out of the garage, then cordially dismissed with a friendly warning to call the bank the next time we needed entry.
And by the way, it hadn't dawned on me until after we were standing in the kitchen in the safety of our kitchen that i had gone to meet the Sargent in my traditional Sunday leisure attire..
My boxer shorts.
No wonder they were grinning.
ANYWAY!
Speaking of Elijah.  After a rather tumultuous relationship that ended rather unwell when he was fourteen, he wisely swore off women, other then friends.  Let's face it, the teenage girls of today are psychotic.  At least those whom I have met through association with Elijah and Kaleb.
Wait.
Maybe there's some hidden reality there.
Well,we'll explore that at a later date.
As I was saying.  Quite content to hang at home, vegging at our expense I longed for him to "Get a life!" Well apparently this past Saturday he had done just that.  He made arrangements to meet a young lady whom had struck a fancy with him at the mall for an afternoon of lunch and a movie (guess who foot that bill).  And she must be quite special as he traversed the 7 odd miles primarily by foot to do so,  Upon returning to the shop that afternoon I inquired the traditional parental inquiries, to which I got the standard quick answers.  Later however via his facebook account he showed his Mother and I several pictures of her (as he has wisely choose not top introduce her to us until a later undisclosed time.  Most likely to prepare her for the experience) and I must say,I was rather taken aback as she is a striking feminine version of him!  Long black hair same face shape, chin, nose, mouth and eyes (shape AND color) as him!
I think, like his father he may have found his match!
So I hopefully will be speaking more of this union later.
On to work!
Managed to put out three newbies today,as well as firing out the majority of repairs we got in as well!  A surprising feat as I am FREAKIN' TIRED!
Thanks to all the folks swinging in today to say Hidey Ho", as well as a special thanks to our bestest friend Uncle Chip for toting my but around to get more boxes for the move!  A special shout out to the VERY misguided young lady who called looking to sell a bike today who said I sounded "real hot".
Apparently she has a thing for overweight, scruffy, middle aged men~!
Well ya'll have a great night and we'll talk at ya tomorrow!
MEN'S 26"MTB
ONLY $75.00!!

LADIES DIAMONDBACK MTB
ONLY $70.00!!

MEN'S 26" DUAL SHOCK MTB
ONLY $85.00!!!!

2 comments:

  1. as i have always said sometimes the truth is funnier then fiction. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete