Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

A Cubit? What The Hell's A Cubit?

Had the classic Bill Cosby skit running through my brain each time I glanced outside at the torrential downpour today!  But my heartfelt kudos to all the brave souls who apparently said enough was enough and choose to tread in it anyway.  We were SWAMPED today!  Sold the gorgeous Genesis right off the bat. The young man was waiting for us to open!  Also sold the Murray to a very wise young man who was QUITE surprised just how cheap it was!  The ladies cruiser found a good home as well toa young lady who has long been searching for one.  No kidding?  These things are few and far between!  Also did a mess of buying today as well!  Couple new banger material, a soon to be nice Trek commuter and our first 29'er in some time, this one a newer Mongoose. Finished up a sweet looking Diamondback MTB and I'd love to show you a pic...but I can't.  Was just way to rainy and windy to try and take one.  Will try tomorrow.
Well, wish there was more to blather on about...but I got nothin'
Ya'll have a wonderful night, I'm going on baby duty!
Night!

4 comments:

  1. Bill Cosby- Riiiiight!

    I had that entire skit memorized back in high school. He was our hero. Still is mine. Never missed an episode of "I Spy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had (notice the past tense...) all of Cosby's comedy albums on vinyl. I think I'm going to ask Santa to start giving me CDs. My favorites? "The Giant has MONEY!" and the whole Frankenstein skit. "I'd forgotten I was behind him..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, just for the record, I believe the quote would have to be: "A cubit? What's a cubit?" The Cos was famous for not using any Daddy Language in his work. Class act, ol' Silver Throat.

    Oh, and a cubit is the distance from the point of your elbow to the end of your longest finger with your hand outstretched. Ok, technically not YOURS. The King's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are right, I ad libbed the referance to Dante's play place. And yes, I doso wish I had all my original comedy LP's. Some of that classic stuff you just can't get anymore! True shame

    ReplyDelete