Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Holy Carp! It's Summer Vacation Already!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
The kiddo's are coming, the kiddo's are coming!!
As if Momma and Daddy's stress levels weren't peaking enough, the dreaded 2 month onslaught of "I'm bored"s and "there's nothing to do"s and the all time favorite"stop touching me"s!!!
Have I said before how much I appreciate my job?
Now begins the joy of higher food bills, light bills,  Sponge Bob and Avatar on continuous loop via Net Flix.  Not to mention the nightly sessions of PTSD therapy for Momma.
Did I mention How much I APPRECIATE my job?
ANYWAY!
Today was a continual deluge of flooding rains so needless to say we were a tad bit slow.  Did manage to move the sweet AMX MTB we had out for all of 10 minutes, but also put out a sweet looking Genesis dual shock MTB, as well as pick up a plethora of new goodies the sweetest being a gem of a Diamondback MTB. A special shout out to Uncle Chip who brought in a sexy sweet Bicentennial Schwinn Continental in from "Uncle Chip's Garage"!  Fully refurbed and a mechanic gem!  Paint's all original but a little rough so we placed it out at a mere $130.00!!  Check online for what other places are charging for the same condition, same vintage.  Shocking!
Well tonight is our traditional "Move up a grade and celebrate by shoving as much toxic snacks into your system while simultaneously watching as much animated crap on TV until you slip into a glucose induced shock and pass out " night.
So as I hear the sounds of classic Spiderman coming from the back room, I best be off before the best seats in the house are spoken f
GENESIS V2100 DUAL SHOCK MTB
ONLY $105.00!!

CLASSIC 1976 SCHWINN CONTINENTAL
ONLY $130.00!!


NIGHTY NIGHT!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, great. Now if the Continental doesn't sell, I'll feel like crap. By the way, I signed the steering tube. It reads, "Rebuilt by Chip, June 2012". That should keep you stumbling over the thing for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, anyone with a sense of value and love for the classics will eat it up real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure you tell them to lift with the legs! I've got the original nasty old rims on the workbench right now, and it's astounding how much they weigh. My plan is to remove all of the bad, cracked and flaking chrome on those rims, then paint them for the proposed path scorcher. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete