Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

SO...Nyquils Not Good For Daytime Use? Ah SHUCKS!

Well, I had no misconceptions about the likelihood of escaping it, but I had hoped!
The creeping crawling crud careening chaotically cross or casa clamped it's calamitous claws carnivorously into my carcass.  Angi was in a BAD way yesterday, sleeping the whole day until after seven pm, unable to get out of bed with shakes and high fever.  I started feeling it in the back of my sinuses mid afternoon, by the time I made it home had some chicken soup and joined her in bed, to pass out watching "A Few Good Men".  Yes I was THAT cruddy!  To actually fall asleep watching one of the best court room dramas of all time! 
ANYWAY! 
Trying to just keep my distance and work on bikes today.  Have help at the shop just in case I go south.  That's the beauty of a back room, if it gets to much I'll just lay down and take a nap!
Yesterday we had a cold front run through making it necessary for everyone to run to the winter clothes closet, or just avoid going out all together!  Guess most folks didn't think of cycling though, as it was D...E...A....D around here!  Sad part is, it gives me nothing fun to write about! 
Uncle Chippie came by with the GOMBA'S earlier so that provided a brief respite in my day.  He was gracing us with his wishes of good fortune on the possible show, which we greatly appreciate, however as stated, if it happens it happens.  The conversation I had (sadly due to her illness Angi was NOT able to attend) with Emily at the production company was a good one.  Her opinion being we would be a good fit for the DIY network.   All I can say is, I hope it' not me doing a "how to" segment as I am (and any past employee can tell you) a LOUSY teacher!  Remember the old saying "those who can't do, teach"  Well the reverse is true "Those who CAN do have NO time to teach!"  and trying to narrate what I'm doing?  Oh well, time will tell! 
Did manage to finish one yesterday.  Yes, I know you're asking yourself, "why only one sir if you had all that quiet time?"  Well, this one is an older Jamis Big Boy, with a bad set of forks and a variety of other quirks.  Trying to find all the right parts took some digging.  Then once that was done started on three others, only to come to stumbling blocks, forcing me to put one aside and start on another!  ARRGH!  Then, of course, two of the little ones came here instead of home (Owen and Rozy) as their school appointed bully was waiting for them at the cross walk. Rozy got her new glasses yesterday and it was just grist for the hoodlums mill.   As I have instructed them to keep their distance, for the punk has been harassing Rozy, and Owen is out for blood!  He may be small but he is fearless, relentless, and vicious when it comes to protecting girls, and quite frankly I don't want the paperwork hassle.  The thought of the delinquent laying bloody at the feet of Owen, while gratifying, may not look to good.  Logan, started Math club yesterday and was under the impression that Elijah was coming to pick him up, so of course I had to make the after hours call and track down someone at the school to get him the message to come here after.  All that took a good hour out of my day, not to mention trying to reach Elijah on his phone to let him know what's going on.  Apparently he is unaware that a cell phones PRIMARY function is that of a phone!  NOT an MP3 player/video game/TV/computer!  He neglects to recognize when the phone rings! So that was another half hour!  Actually had to go on Facebook and IM him!  THAT he responded to in 10 seconds!
So today I will hobble about and try and get some more of these goodies out! 
We will see you soon!!

ROZY LOOKING THE ASTUTE PROFESSOR!

"BIG BOY" JAMIS "BOSS" CRUISER!!!
ONLY $90.00!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    Please tell Rozy I think the new glasses give her a wonderful All-Grown-Up look. They are Very Cool. Unlce Chippie says so. So there.

    As for the show: Carpe Diem, dude. Seriously. Someone far wiser than me once said, "You can only regret what you DIDN'T do."

    This from the guy who has an understanding with his publishers that the media is not allowed in his house. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete