Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Constant Reaffirmation Of Faith!

I firmly believe that for every storm of bovine fecal matter we must endure there is an equally strong wave of blessings that will follow.  How much depends on how well you weather the initial storm.  "All adversity is an opportunity in disguise",  Well the events of the last 24 hours has only renewed my faith in humanity. 
Only sad part is,  I am prone to approach good fortune with a reserved sense of skepticism. 
SO, the matter of the great cell phone massacre was resolved, in our favor!  But it really was taxing, let me tell you.  At the behest of the corporate offices I returned to the cell phone store on North Highland.  Apparently the irritated sales girl was half expecting my arrival, for when I stated I was there for my refund she began her condescending mantra of "As I told your wife yesterday, Upgrades are non refundable..." I cut her off, but before I could get to the fact that I was SENT here to get one, she said snidely "That's fine, I'll call the store manager".  Well, 45 minuets later and after her boss called his boss that then called her boss who had to call her boss who then had to confer with his boss, the defeated sales girl reluctantly handed me my full refund.  Apparently both Angela and my tirade of the night before with their corporate offices left an impression, but she was not willing to acquiesce defeat gracefully.  She handed me my receipt with a "here's your receipt (thrown on counter) DON'T leave it here!"  Then with a lemon face sneer stated "Just understand that this goes against OUR policy of NO refunds, and should it ever happen again DO NOT expect another refund!"  Then she turned her back on me, picked up her phone and started talking to someone, angrily, in Spanish
WOW!
Petty much?
It's like I was taking HER money? As if this were some heated battle that she failed to win, and was lesser for it.  It was just a bloody refund for a defective piece of equipment that took two days to secure!
However!  NO SOONER had I left the cell phone store and set forth on my arduous journey back up the Highland hill (I hate that hill!  I'm Old, and I'm fat and I'm out of shape!) did my phone ring.  On the other line was my dear Angela with some rather intriguing news.
Remember, two weeks ago we were informed that our landlords were selling the house (YET AGAIN!) and in the interim we have met with both the real estate agent and her boss.  Here's where my faith in humanity kicks in.  These are two WONDERFUL ladies!!  I have not had the pleasure of meeting Theresa but did in fact finally meet Vanessa in person last night (I'll get to that in a second) They came to the house on Tuesday to take pictures and meet the family, and even though at the get go of our phone conversations Vanessa had assured us they wanted to help keep us in the house, I was skeptical.  Not so much of their sincerity but of their ability to do so.  Well, apparently after the visit, and meeting Angi and the kids, their resolve to help was fortified.  According to Vanessa, once back to the office Theresa put everyone to work getting US help!  She has set us up with lender contacts, had Vanessa come out last night, pick up Angi and bring her to the shop so we could all sit down and do the initial application on line.  But the most intriguing bit of news that Angi had called me with was that they had contacted the Pinellas County Housing Authority and told them a little about our story and our situation.  Shortly thereafter the DIRECTOR contacted them and said that yes, they would love to help us obtain what we need (a home for us) and not only that, but they would like us to pen a testimonial about all we have been through and overcome in the last decade.  AMAZING!  These two ladies, themselves having overcome and still enduring their own trials and tribulations would have the where to all to extend themselves so much for our benefit is overwhelming!  They have ALL our gratitude!  God bless them! 
Now, if THAT wasn't enough!  Amongst my morning chores today was the regrettable "Paying of the bills"  A weekly event, not gleefully anticipated but not lacking in a certain sense of achievement either. On today's agenda, House electric, house water and Angi's phone bill.  The water bill went off without a hitch but when I got to the electric (I pay by phone) the automated voice gave me one amount, however when it transferred me to the speed pay it gave me an entirely different and less then half of the previous one! Perplexed, I called back a real person only to find that a credit of unknown origin had been applied to my account and I only owed the second, much lower amount!  HUZZAH!  It was like finding a twenty dollar bill in the laundry!  On to Angi's phone bill, due today.  This one is paid online, but when I accessed  the "Amount Due" it read $0.00?  Double and triple checked, still $0.00?  Perhaps  they are giving us a freebie for all the trouble we have had.  I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth mind you! 
ANYWHO.  I'm taking it all I stride, for to quote Dr Victor Von Frank-en-STEEN! "If science teaches us one thing it is to accept both our success and failure's with quiet dignity and grace" 
 Then you start choking a corpse.
ANYWAY!
On to my daily routine!  Got in a simply GORGEOUS Suteki touring bike yesterday!  BEAUTIFUL lugged frame!  As soon as I am done with the Schwinn cruiser in my rack, she's going in!  THEN I have a sweet looking men's Raleigh Cruiser wanting to get fixed!  So, here I jump!
See ya soon!


3 comments:

  1. Yep, some days yer th' bug and some days yer th' windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the store clerk probably works on commission. So yeah she lost a little on the transaction but alot more on the bigger picture. I wonder if the business isn't structured like an Amway pyramid scheme?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. I thought the same thing shortly after writing what I did. But I worked on commission before and was never penalized for a return of faulty equipment, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete