Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Having A Good Laugh, Mr Cosmos?

Perhaps it's a Tuesday thing.
Or perhaps we are all wrong and their is not one great deity but billions of lesser Imps who just take great pride in manipulating the slender strings of fate, making us dance like stupid hairless monkeys.
Yea, I'm in a mood.
So, after yesterday's debacle of a time with the whole "Stolen phone" thing, and Angi running out and spending money we can't afford to get a cheapie phone for the shop (thank you so much love) I endeavored to subdue my righteously vengeful feeling's for the complete waste of flesh who stole it in the first place by popping in my new copy of "A Christmas Carol".  Yes, I know, a little premature seasonally, but I needed the positive boost.  On top of that, Angi hung out for the remainder f the day and I got the rare treat of being able to sit down and have lunch with her and engage in a hearty debate over the true function of dreams.  Yes, completely off topic but I needed it.  After staying a wee later then usual as we were blessed to have a surge of repairs come in later in the day (each one desiring to have them completed before closing) I opted to plug the new phone in here and just leave it for fear of loosing this one too.  Upon returning today, I unplugged it from the charger...and it died.  Yes folks THIS is the level of technological advancement and height of quality we as a nation have come to expect! 
ARRGH!!
At what point did we except the wholesale desecration of durability? Growing up we had the same TV, the same Fridge, the same stove, the same washer and dryer, the same phone and they worked every time you went to use them, they RARELY needed service and you gave it little thought because THAT was what they were meant to do!!!  Nowadays, every time you buy something it's a crap shoot.  Take it out of the package, cross your fingers, wave a dead cat under a full moon and hope for the best!!  All I know is there's a bunch of  Billionaires rubbing their hands together and giggling incessantly saying " I can't believe stupid Americans bought that crap!"
ARRGH!!!
Alright, alright....I'll stop.
Just makes me so....I wannna....wrap my hands around their scrawny little.....oooooo if I could just......
Alright, alright...
Soooooooo.
AT LEAST we were blessed with some real nice folk coming in yesterday making the whole thing worth getting out of bed!  Thanks for all the referrals from so many astute individuals who KNOW that at least there is SOME quality left in the world!  We appreciate all the trust they put in us!
And a special shout out to our "nightowl" friend Daniel.  Being in interior design he ends up with a lot of change outs, discards and leftovers and what he doesn't use for himself he hands off to friends.  Knowing we have been wanting to replace our media room furniture (we have to do this every couple of years...nine kids....go figure) and about eleven O'clock last night he showed up with the perfect dark brown reclining sofa!  EXACTLY the color we were looking for! Less then two years old the middle springs had popped loose so the owner was replacing it!? All it took were six eye hooks to reattach it and we got us a perfect NEW sofa! 
Yes, now's the time to say goodbye to all our com-pa-nee!  Have repairs a plenty and a couple newbies I'm dying to sink my teeth into, so we will see ya REAL soon!
M....O.....U.....S....EEEEEEEEE!!!!

UPDATE!!
OK, OK, OK....Now this is just entering the surreal realm of ridiculous.
So, wanting to rectify my phone situation had to have Elijah come down with HIS phone so I can call the Metro store where Angi bought the thing.  Turns out they are a satellite store, and don't DO repairs or replacements.   The lady, snootily stated that "Well, all our phones ARE new" implying that the fault lie in the user and I would need to contact the "Corporate" store on Missouri Ave in Clearwater.  "Do you have their number" I asked.  "No" was her response.  I had to inquire if in fact the number may be listed online, to which she responded in  a "No Duh!" tone "I assume so".  Hanging up abruptly I got the number on line, (888) 573-3876, dialed it, waited a couple rings and QUICKLY realized it WAS NOT Metro PCS, as the prerecorded message was that of a sultry woman beginning to describe conceptual uses for her body parts!!!  OK!  Three more phone calls to local stores resulted in one person telling me the number was (888) 57-Metro.  Now, seeing as they sell CELL phones you think they would KNOW that the numbers on the keypad DON'T have the letters over them!  So WHAT were the numbers!?  He didn't know!  TWO more phone calls and I FINALLY got the number ONLY to call and after THREE attempts got through!  At this point, one hearing the distinct click of being transferred overseas I blatantly asked "are you ACTUALLY sitting in the Missouri ave location in Clearwater or is it about ten at night where you are!?" He had to pause for a moment not knowing what to say.  In the end there was NO way to actually TALK to the service people at the Missouri location, so depending on blind luck I had to send Elijah down there and PRAY (for their sake) they don't try and screw us on this! 
Or I'm gonna write a MEMO.....
and personally staple it to their forehead!

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    Well, I for one see your problem as obvious: It's "Wave a dead GOAT under full moon." You wave a dead cat under a new moon. And please don't ask how I know these things. I'll not name names unless you ask.

    And now, say the magic words with me: "Land line... Land line... Land line... "

    ReplyDelete