Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

OK.....Color Me Weirded out....

This is surreal.
No, not the fact that I am writing this late in the afternoon, but my day was quite oddly interrupted by a phone call just a few minuets ago.  After hanging up, I just sat spellbound and in shock.  Mustering my composer I had to call Angela and discuss the conversation with her.  Now SHE is "weirded out" and in giddy shock as well.
Like most phones, when a call comes in either a name or address is emblazoned across the tiny screen.   Most of the time, any out of state calls are telemarketers trying to hock their goods, but this time of year when we get one it MAY be a Snowbird, so we use our pleasant voices.  Twas a good thing.
Anyone visiting the shop is sure to have noticed the cool family portrait we have hanging by the front door.  Anyone who looks at it comments on it looking like either a rock album cover or art for a reality TV show.
Well....the phone call wasn't asking our family to do a gig in Nashville.
Yea.
Only a preliminary call, but one to request setting up a Skype call to discuss the possibility of developing a reality show around our shop and our family.
Let THAT sink in for a moment.
Now, the skeptical side of me (and not to mention that of the lovely Angela) wonder if this isn't some sort of elaborate scam attempt who's diabolical machinations shall soon disclose themselves, forth with.  That not withstanding, neither of us are sure exactly HOW to react to this possibility.  First, I really don't think there is enough of anything interesting going on in our lives to carry a show (we may talk like 'em but we ain't the Osbournes!  SHARRON!) and would we really want the intrusion into our everyday lives?  How would it help or worse, effect business? 
I don't know folks.  It's all speculative at the moment, so I'm just gonna try my best to get my head out of the Hollywood clouds and get back to the Bread and Butter of things around here.
Just needed to get that out.
Now, go on with your day.
thank you.

1 comment:

  1. YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES, YES!

    Steven-

    How many times have I said that you and your wonderful family should be a reality show? (Seriously, man, how many? I've totally lost count.) You rock as a parent, and your kids are a blast. DO THIS THING. Trust your Uncle Chippie as you have never trusted him before. (Yeah, I know: You never trusted me before.)

    I'm so proud, I think I'm gonna cry.

    No, wait, I just gotta go potty.

    ReplyDelete