Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2013

I Jostled a Hornets Nest Apparently!

OK, I was fully content to let my recent rant on our cell phone woes be done but apparently I should add just a few more comments.
See, not only do I post here on our blog but I also forward it to Facebook and Dunedin Patch.  Obviously it helps the visibility of the store but also helps fuel my enormous ego! 
So, I was perusing the comments posted on Patch and realized that my recent tirade angered one reader. They first commented on the service provided by Metro as an inexpensive alternative with reliable phone service and convenience of several locations, sounding somewhat like an advertisement.   In her/his opinion I was unprofessional and as a business ourselves should not have ranted about the practices and policies of another business without allowing for the "other sides embellishments as well".  They went on to chastise me for "destroying another business's reputation" as well as pointing out a spelling error.  Well, thanks for that, spell check must have been sleeping. 
First and foremost let me make one thing clear, at no point in my rants did I comment or degrade the phone service, it's reliability or cost.  Nor did I lament over poor product, just the defective phone we bought.  We have been with Metro for over five years and have bought over a dozen phones in that time, and not because they were defective but because I can be a wee bit rough on them, and my wife upgrades each year.  Nor have we ever had a problem with dropped or lost calls, poor quality reception, hidden charges or anything of that nature.  No, what we were focused on was the one time we did have a problem we were treated so poorly.  I won't rehash that part, just re-read the last few days if you need a recap.  Yes, we are a business, but we are also consumers who shop and seek service within our own community and feel very strongly about the necessity of good customer service.  My blog is written in my opinion dealing with situations and occurrences in our lives, but from my perspective.  If one persons opinion can "destroy the reputation" of another business then that reputation might not have been that good to begin with.  As far as allowing for their side of the story?  Well, I have an easily accessible comment section that I do not block or edit or delete.  They are more then welcome to voice their opinions there, but I'm not writing a news article, nor am I "Point/Counterpoint".  This is one persons view on the world and is in no way gospel!  When you "tune in" to my blog you are reading an open diary, penned in a stream of consciousness with minimal regard for punctuation, grammar, sentence structure or yes, at times spelling.  I won't be winning a Pulitzer anytime soon, but this blog was never intended for that.  It was started over six years ago primarily to inform people of what was going on at the shop, but also as a way for our extended family to keep tabs with what was going on in our lives.  What was odd though, was our readership began to expand well beyond that of the totality of our family members, eventually reaching over 23 countries and provinces and over 900 hundred readers a week.  I now write primarily as entertainment, but do at times use it to therapeutically vent.  The reader is merely along for the ride. 
I not only respect every ones right to have their own opinions as I have my own , and welcome them to express it here.
ANYWAY!
Now I hope we are done.
Moving on! Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity, not only here but at the house as well!  WHEW!  Angela is running higgly piggly keeping the house up to snuff for viewing but also jumping through hoops in the process of finding approval for purchasing it!  As there are many options it's like starting from square one each time!  Trust me, with a toddler beginning to realize that any piece of furniture can double as a jungle gym, her attentions are split.  I came home last night to discover every chair in the house laid over and was quickly informed it was to keep Miranda off the table.  And she has become a quick little bugger too!  When taking the girls to bed I removed the hallway baby gate and before I could grab her she was off like a shot into Mommy and Daddy's bedroom careening around the corner into the bathroom!  I was in a "greased pig catching" contest once at the Kingston Fair that was easier! 
The shops day was blissfully busy as well, banging away on several more repairs while still managing to put out one sweet looking full rebuild on a classic ladies Schwinn 6 speed cruiser!  We also got the Suteki in the rack and stripped down, with new tires waiting!  We sent a few to happy homes as well!  The ladies three wheeler went with a gent who has been tenacious enough to visit us every few days until we could come up with something that he could ride considering his recent knee surgery.  The 24' MTB aluminum frame found an owner in a very sweet young lady who's Mom offered to buy her a "New" bike, but she opted for this one instead!  And....there were a couple more in there but my mind is completely blank at the moment, sorry.  And, as always we thank all the interested parties coming in to give us a looky loo and appreciate all the positive feed back!
So with that, and the folk currently test riding bikes, I need to put my working shoes on and get moving!
See ya real soon!

CLASSIC LADIES 26" 5 SPEED CRUISER!
ONLY $95.00!!

6 comments:

  1. Steven-

    From what I read on your blog, your phone problem was primarily a problem with a single individual, and employee of the local outlet. (Ok, yeah, that and one fried phone.) You did treat the situtation, and the individual, with far more respect that I suspect I could have mustered in similar straits. At this point, yes, it's simply time to move on.

    And finish up that stunning Suteki- I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please feel free to speak your mind as you see fit, as long as its truthful. As an American you are guaranteed that right. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. illegitimi non carborundum, that's how I'd treat this particular situation. I'm loving this raleigh, but I might need to have a little checkup, the front deraileur isn't lined up just right so it can get a little noisy. Otherwise it's comfortable and a really nice rider for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had MetroPCS and totally agree with your assessment of its business practices, services and products. You have the right to your opinions and if you share those opinions then so be it, this is your blog is it not?

    honestly for the reader to be upset over your opinions is childish and silly. That is my opinion there. I wonder what the readers thoughts are in regard to how the media would have reported this story... on second thought no, I don't care.

    keep up with this blog, I enjoy reading it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joshua's Latin was right on the money, but yeah, time for more bike talk. Until the next time, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gentleman, you have no idea how much your words of support and encouragement have lifted me! Thank you, I REALLY needed to read all of it this morning!

    ReplyDelete