Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

I need a Horse, a Tall Tree and a Noose....

@$%#^!#!#*&!!
OK, now that I've gotten THAT out of my system!
First, I have to apologize to anyone who may have tried or be trying to contact us via phone today.  I like to consider myself a easy tempered, mild mannered subdued man, not prone to thought of vengeance or physical harm.  I'm a live and let live sort of person. 
but.....
As is my routine, came in this morning, parked my bike by the front of the shop, locked her up, unlocked the door and set about my opening chores.  Once everything was put out, set down at the computer to do the Craigslist update, check email and do the blog.  About 15 minuets into it, realized I forgot my cell phone in my bike bag.  No big deal, I do that a lot, but concerned I may miss a call and inconvenience a customer (or irritate my wife) I went out to grab it, only to realize it wasn't there.  Again, no big deal.  As my mind is slowly slipping away from me as I age I figured I must have brought it in and set it down someplace different.  After  a thorough search of the shop, still no phone.  Then I IM Elijah and have him call it.  Nothing.  Now getting slightly peeved, I had to lock up, put in a sign and then retrace my steps back to the house checking all the way (while at the same time Elijah kept calling it repeatedly.  Still Nothing.  Once back to the shop I strained what few brain cells I had left trying to remember what I did with it.  It was then it dawned on me that while I was setting up the clown bike outside I noticed out of the corner of my eye that a man had been walking down the side walk in front of the shop and had bumped my bike, pausing briefly.  I assumed he was just being courteous, making sure to steady the bike so it would not fall.  Perhaps I was wrong.  As it appears to be nowhere else, and one potential cell phone track shows it currently off of Gulf To Bay, methinks it was pilfered!  I know, it's naïve of me to think the whole of humanity is descent, but to take sch a necessary tool in our business just makes me have thoughts all to foreign, BUT, I will try very hard not to succumb to the desire for the thief to die a miserable death of festering boils!
ANYWAY!
I'm gonna get off that!
Sunday was more family fun of frivolity!  That is to say, if your definition of frivolity is house work!  EYUCH!  Twas the boys quarterly haircut day!  YAY! we were inspired to do so a little early this time, as Izabella discovered that scissors don't just cut paper!  Oh yes.  She severed a good six inches of it before Momma caught her but the damage was done!   As hairstylists charge WAY to much for a kids head, Angi did a great job cleaning it up and giving her a real cute "Dora" bobby top!  SO, as hair was now on the agenda, Dad did his part with the boys and got out the electric razor!  After the three younger boys got shaved, Elijah, surprisingly ponied up to the chair!  We recently lopped of his long dark locks, preparing him for a lifetime of menial labor, but whether as a show of solidarity with his brothers or a desire for something different, he went under the blades.  The end result, surprisingly wasn't half bad and as he stated "makes me look older and more menacing!"  Of course, I couldn't help but make with a couple of "Curly Joe" jokes, but he took it all in stride!  Here's his own selfie.....
 
 
  He seems content with it. 
Also, Angi, always having my back, took a trip to Wally World the other day to pick up the flick for Movie night (Man of Steel) and happened to be picking through the five dollar bin.  As she truly loves me, she stumbled across the one flick I have been searching YEARS for!  Every Christmas the only other film I want to watch (OK, aside from "It's a Wonderful Life", "The Grinch", Charlie Brown" and "The Ref") is George C Scott's version of "A Christmas Carol".  In my opinion, the best one to date (with all due respect to Henry Winkler and Patrick Stewart)  I just have never been able to find it, and they hardly ever run it! So my undying gratitude to my lovely bride!
ANYWHO!
Now, as a few repairs came in on Sunday and a few more today, I need to do my best to get a handle on 'em, so I will get to it and wish you all a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Two small words, Kimosabe:

    Land line.

    If the show's go, you'll need it. I know.

    (No one wants to interview you on a cell phone. The connections are not up to boradcast standards, so they simply will not call or arrange any interviews if they know it's going to be on a cell at your end.)

    Spring for a land line at the shop and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I should have mentioned: Elijah looks like one Very Serious "Don't-Mess-With-Me" dude with the new buzzcut. An excellent look for him, if he can keep from smiling. (I know he can't.)

    As for Scott's E. Scrooge, by all accounts he wasn't acting. He really was that big of a booger (jerk) during production. I still vote for Mr. Magoo's version.

    ReplyDelete