Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

A Mid Aftrenoon "Thanks For That"!

First, gotta thank my lovely wife for her blunt Irish words and I paraphrase "Don't let it get you down".  That, of course is the clean version as she becomes very steadfast whenever I let things get me moody.
Also thanks to Chip for a timely visit this morning as it gave me a chance to vent my self loathing and frustration.
You can read about the cause of my disappointment on our blog entry for 11/5/13 in the comments section.  Seems a young man, through a series of crossed wires and miscommunication left out of here after a visit yesterday feeling a little "Schtupped".  Now I KNOW I'm not supposed to let things like that get me down, I've always been told that in retail or the service industry you can never make EVERYONE happy.  Unfortunately that mantra doesn't make me feel any less disappointed when I am unable too.  In the end, I do hope the young man reads my response and get' in touch with me so I ca solve the problem, or this is gonna gnaw at me!
But, as is always the case I can always count on Angi and/or Chip to bring me up as well as all the great people I get to meet, or reconnect with each day!  Yea, I know it's a little corny, but hearing the positive remarks about what we do is a healing balm that always works!
And that is just what I have had in spades today!  Not only from the wonderful Snow Bird who found us last week and came in four times until she finally found  ride suited for her!  She walked away happy with one of the Schwinn Fold-ups we had.  Then  new friend Mike came buy, having been following the blog and dropped off a bevy of COOL parts he had kicking around the garage, as a gimme!  SAH-WEET!  We LOVE that price!!  Also, as always, a special thank you to our friend (and first ever repair customer WAY back in the garage days) David for all his tireless effort promoting our little shop to all his friends and acquaintances!  Had three repairs, today alone, come in on his recommendation!  Also, another wonderful pair of Snow Birds came by on his say-so and snagged the "DBS" for their son! 
Also, always a source of great titillation and pride for me (and please, I don't me to gloat or project any holier then thou, self aggrandizing attitude...OK,,,maybe a little) is when I have a repair in my rack and notice, emblazoned on the bike sits the "Sold at" sticker for another local bikes shop!  And with all the repairs we have had of late, I've seen ALOT of them!  Just makes me feel good that folks would choose to bring their bikes to us for repair, rather then return to where they bought them for service!  Thanks for all the trust folks!
All right, now I best get back to work! 

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    You know I'm your biggest fan (this despite my height), and Angi's right, as always: Ne Illigitum Carborundum. (Bad Latin is always the best.)

    Look at it this way: If you deal with 100 people, and one of them hates you, you're still battin' .999. In pro baseball, that's a big house on the Davis Islands. You're doing just fine.

    Of course, if you want my advice on dealing with boogers, it's this:

    Outlive 'em.

    ReplyDelete