Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

um....never mind and Pissing Contest In The Sandbox.

Well I fell victim to the early hype but not as bad as some folks.  Seems I may have been a tad bit premature (wouldn't be the first time! nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!) in my proclaiming the demise of Hostess.  Apparently the unions have had a bit of a change of heart and are trying to work out some agreements to keep the company solvent.  In the hoopla seems Ebay has gone ablaze with folks auctioning off boxes of the beloved treats and are selling in excess of $90.00 a box.
So now I don't feel some dumb.
Look, plain and simple yes the Twinkies have a shelf life of a quarter of a million years but that doesn't make the collectible!
ANYWAY!
As I have been perking my ears to the news of late I came to a stark conclusion.  In my 45 years here on Earth I have been hearing over and over the rhetoric coming out of the middle east (Palestine and Israel to be precise) about the ongoing debates over "peace in the middle east" and trying to ferret through all the opinions, and approaches and mandates can make ones head spin, bringing you to the undeniable conclusion that these folks are never going to pull it together and take their heads out of their ass.
I have broken the entire ordeal down into an easy to understand parable.
In the middle of a multicultural park sits a large sand box.
Joe Palestine sits playing in the sandbox.
Bobby Israel is at other end playing as well.
Before you know it Uncle Sam, the playground supervisor hears a tussle.
He comes over to investigate and finds the two boys tussling in the sand, both have bruises on them and in unison exclaim "he threw a rock at me first!"
after much debate and conversation both reluctantly agree to a truce but if only the other one drops the rock first.  Finally Uncle Sam gets them to both drop the rock but as he walks away they pick the rocks up again.
The end.
I think it's about time the other players involved in this eternal squabble should just say "look. You two schmucks need to settle your differences, so we're taking our toys and going home. Call us when you grow up!"
That's my take.
ANYWAY!
Thanks to the early Christmas shoppers for coming into visit us. And to all the folks getting ready for the riding season!  Keep the repairs a-comin!
And because of all those blessed repairs didn't get any newbies finished today, but real close with a sweet men's Schwinn 7 speed cruiser!
So keep an eye out for that one and more tomorrow!
I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment