Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

Just to show I'm not the Ultra left wing, tree hugging, granola crunching pinko so  many may assume I have a confession to make. In the spirit of equality and to prove both side of the ecological aspects of the life we all share have something to contribute I must admit I get a great deal of pleasure out of a little British show called....
Top Gear.
For those of you not acquainted it is a program dedicated to an unfaltering love for all things automotive.  A magazine show, talk show, informative look at all the latest and greatest and a smattering of what once was.  The three gents in control of the show are everything I and my ilk should despise.  Sometimes sexist, homophobic with a general nose up at everything non-British (unless it is a begrudgingly cool "foreign" car) and definitely, venomously opposed to bikes, buses, trains, boats, and planes.  They take great pride at laughing at those who protest for the environment, lambasting their (and other) governmental intrusions, yuppies and metrosexuals in coffee bars (did I mention they definitely dislike bicycles?) and for some unknown reason they REALLY don't like Meatloaf!  That's the singer not the entree. BUT, through it all is a real tongue-in-cheek dry British humor that makes the whole ordeal very entertaining.  Although I cringe at times to their reference of men with pony tails and facial hair, I get a real kick out of their shenanigans.  Whether it be setting the worlds record for the amount of car flips, setting a camper ablaze with the rear of a jet car, or trying to outrun a British tank that is shelling them it's all in good fun!  And to top it off if Miranda is feeling a little cranky we just hit Netflix for the next episode and she sits transfixed to the screen.
Yes, as much as I may dislike the impact the bloody things have on our environment it is hard to argue with the craftsman appeal of some of the marvelous works of engineering they feature.
Now if they only could make an equalling appealing solar car....
ANYWAY!
Today for some unforeseen reason we were dead.  I mean D...E...A...D. DEAD!  Barely a soul in the whole plaza!  Have no idea what was going on,  and even though we did get visits from a few of the reg's (hi Mike!) and a few new looky loo's was just real slow.  It did however give me much opportunity to put out a few new goodies!  Check 'em out below!  I really like the sweet condition Schwinn Skyliner!  ALWAYS a smooth ride!
So please, please, PLEASE give me some reason to come out of the Dungeon tomorrow!  I mean you know you want to buy a bike for the oncoming gorgeous weekend we're gonna have.  Yea, you know it!  Come on...
All the COOL kids are doin' it!
Night y'all!
SCHWINN JETLINER
ONLY $115.00!!

LADIES CRUISER
ONLY $70.00!!!

LADIES 18 SPEED COMFORT CRUISER
ONLY $70.00!!!

LIKE NEW 24" MTB!!
ONLY $65.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment