Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2012

Post Holiday Confusion

OK.  Does this happen to you or am I alone in this?  You're use to a set schedule of where you're suppose to be each day of the week then they throw in an extra day off in the middle of your week and it's like Friday becomes Monday then Monday feels like Friday?  I'm not complaining for the added excuse to over eat, but it throws me WAY off!
And what's with all the added unofficial "Spending" Holidays this year?  First it's Black Friday (which is now more like Black Thursday and a half!) then we got "Small Business Saturday" (ok...I can get behind that one) Then we have "Internet Monday" and now "Charity Tuesday"?  Look folks, bad enough we empty our purses for Christmas and Valentines day, and I grant you the "Spending Holidays" are just a part of Christmas but do we really need all the added incentive for spending our hard earned cash?
Being the grumpy old curmudgeon I am (I always watch A Christmas Carol in reverse so it has a happy ending.  An over joyous annoying grandfather type is shown an alternate outlook on life and becoming depressed at the depravity of man cripples a young boy and becomes a penny pinching old grump! YAY capitalism!) over the last couple of years I developed a new family tradition on thanksgiving.  After we've all stuffed ourselves we sit the kiddos down and ask them what two gifts they want for Christmas (I'm not cheap...It's just that I'm tired of spending all that time and money to fill up under the tree only to have the majority end up broken and discarded by the end of the morning)  and thankfully they are all pretty realistic with their wishes, so once done I excuse myself, call up Amazon and place my orders.
Christmas shopping done!
No malls, no crowds, no long lines, no annoying trailer park refugees crawling the isles!  20 minutes and a laptop and I'm back to watching cartoons with the kiddos!
Yahoo!
(or Google!)
ANYWAY!
Yes, one of those moods today.  I'm sure I'll get more in the spirit as we get closer to the day but for now...allow me to wallow.
So today was a whole lot a fun!  OH yes!  Once again keeping myself occupied, aside from the two bikes I put together (get to those in a sec) spent time once again updating the stock and purging.  Seems I did that WAY to often!  Whenever we get in a bike for parts I always swear I'm gonna keep the parts organized...but.... They end up just being shoved away until finally I can't move and have to do something about it.  And today was wheels!  So needless to say Terry, our scrap guy loved us today!
Well at least now I can find the good wheels!
So...new out today
Tum...dum....dA!  A real sweet 26" Motiv MTB, 21 speed!  Extra clean bod on this one with some right meaty tires!  And fresh off a scrap truck from this morning I think I broke a record in prep time on this one!  Gorgeous (now) vintage Western Flyer ladies cruiser just oozing chrome!  LOVE the detailed fin style chrome chain guard!  She was broke down to frame cleaned and rusticated, frame repainted and reassembled in under three hours!  SWEET!  Check 'em out below folks!
Well that's it fer now folks, hope to see you all tomorrow!
(just come in 15 minute intervals...it's a small shop!)
ULTRA FINE MOTIV!
ONLY $90.00!!

VINTAGE WESTERN FLYER
ONLY $95.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment