Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

....Yawn and Stretch and Try To Come To Life....

And already poured two cups of ambition!
(Gold star to anyone who can guess the song those lines are plagiarized from!)
ANYWHO!!
Sorry I haven't poked my head in for a few days.  Once again the arrival of wildly fluctuating weather patterns wreak havoc with the old senses and was battling a bout of the flu.  Oh, that was fun.  I have to give special mention to my lovely wife who not only endured my snoring and disrupted sleep patterns, as well as care for me when I was all doe eyed and pitiful over the weekend.  I jokingly remarked as she bathed me on Monday night that it was trial run for when I was old and
gray(er).  The look I got gave me the impression that  was wishful thinking on my part!
Through it all though, I have been trying to hold down the fort and keep things moving around here!  Christmas left us a little barren (what we call a GOOD problem!) and have been working like the dickens trying to keep new stuff flowing.  A real hearty shout out to all the folks who seemed to be of like mind on Saturday and brought in a SLEW of donations!  Apparently many folks had new bikes on their Christmas lists because we have been getting the left overs! HUZZAH!  We have NO problem rebuilding them and giving them new homes.  And I'll tell you, folks have been lining up to make that a reality!  Of the five bikes we have put out over the last two days we have...none left!  Yes, we have entered into the all to familiar territory of selling them off the rack before they are even finished!  Right down to folks hanging out waiting for me to complete them! One such sweetie was the case for a very fine gentleman yesterday who has been stopping by almost every day for the last week and a half looking for just the right ride.  He stood and watched the rest of "The Incredibles" last night while I finished her up!  No fear though, I have plenty more to pluck from and will be getting back to it shortly!  So as not to forget, a hearty welcome to all the new folks coming in from a variety of recommendations and referrals.  Not only from a bevy of happy customers but from many of the local (and not so local) bike shops!  WOW!  Three deserve honorable mention.  A gentleman from Saint Pete came up and relieved me of several pieces of BMX history at the mention of a bike shop down there.  One gent from Washington State, visiting family for the season, came in from a highly flattering mention from not his family down here, but from a friend in his home state that had come down two years ago on vacation, and after renting a ride here was so enamored he thought to mention us to his bike riding friend!  And, a very nice young lady had called for advice regarding what type of bike to buy a coworker as a birthday present.  Apparently this fellow veloist was adamant that if they were to get him a bike that they needed to get it here!  Unfortunately, at the moment I didn't have what they were looking for but walked her through a few ideas for brand names and styles and what pitfalls to look out for when buying a used bike.  I wish her the best of luck.
Well, now's the time to say goodbye, to all our com-pa-nee!
See ya real soon!










No comments:

Post a Comment