Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

No, No...Seriouly....

At any moment I was expecting the annoying Ashton Kucher to jump out and say "You've been Punked!"
So, last night, our new landlords Dan and Amy came by the house to sign the lease and pick up the rent and deposit check.  It's really warmly odd, I'll tell you.  It was like having the grandparents over.  They are such a warm giving couple, that I didn't feel at unease.  I'm strange that way.  When I'm at home I'm not what you would call social with anyone but Angi and the kids.  Even when my own family visits I seem oddly guarded.  With them I was not.  And Angi and the kids have been smitten with them.  Anyway.  As we were talking, they informed us they were going to order the new cabinets and materials to fix the kitchen right.  I offered to do the work myself, which thankfully they excepted.  Now here's the kicker, not only did they reduce our deposit amount (the old landlord is trying to screw us out of $350.00 of it for work on the kitchen to fix a problem that was pre-existing BEFORE we moved in!  When they took out the old garbage disposal they re-attached the pipes with Gorilla tape.  No. I'm not kidding!) but they reduced our monthly rent as well!  Yes, reduced our rent!  You could knock me over with a feather!  As I said before, Karma does pay you back, eventually!
Today is a milestone in the families life, Elijah heads out for his new job tomorrow morning, and we will be having a "Bon Voyage" party for him tonight.  He is headed for Georgia for a week, then I believe to Louisiana.  From there, who knows.  it's good to know in some small ways he does still need us, as Angi has had to school him on what and how to pack.  He was prepared to carry his entire wardrobe with him, but we gently reminded him that there are washers and dryers out there!  He'll be running some last minute errands for supplies today (much needed long johns and such) and I have a wee bit f a surprise in store for him.  His old bike has crapped the bed again, and as he can bring his ride with him I will be donating a bike he has been drooling over here at the shop.  Yes, I'm a hard ass but with a gooey center!   (besides, I'll bill him for it!) 
Yesterday was Cold + Wet= Slow.  So I made up for it by cleaning, organizing and building.  Put out two more of the kiddo bikes, and stripped down a few that just didn't cut the mustard.  And more of the same today!  Once the repairs that did come in are done I'll be banging out a few more!
So with that, and the fact that we were actually on time this morning, I'm gonna get at it!
See ya soon!


BOYS 20" BMX!
ONLY $35.00!!


BOYS 16" SPIDERMAN BIKE!
ONLY $25.00!!

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    I'm really looking forward to the stories of your Wild Rover. Here's hoping he sees the world and the world sees him. Tell 'im his Uncle Chippie says Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete