Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Vapor Trails? I'm seeing vapor trails?

Yes.  Angi and I are THAT tired!
Apparently the cosmos, not content with sharing it's usual brand of humor, has opted to throw more inequity at us.  After a weekend of brief naps we were looking forward to a good nights rest last night!  And boy howdy if you think I'm tired, feel a great deal of pity for Angi!  She was cursed 20 odd years ago by choosing to mate with an animal with a penchant for LOUD snoring!  And, to add further insult to injury she is an incredibly light sleeper!  As she puts it "Mama hearing".  I am not exaggerating when I say, if the baby rustles in her bed down the hall, she snaps awake.  So you can imagine, when I myself am exhausted and when I finally do fall asleep, I snore that much louder.  Poor thing, she is starting to look like a raccoon with the bags under her eyes.  So last night, after an early dinner, we rushed the kiddo's through clean up and shuffled them off to bed, whining all the way, Ho, ho, ho!  We then plopped down on the couch and were going to watch a little bit of TV for a wind down then hit the sheets early.
But Miranda had different plans.
 Not at all interested in sleep, she kept us running until about 11.30 when she finally passed out.  Well, she kept Angi running mostly.  As mentioned before, she is definitely a mama's girl, and when she is feeling a little off, she will only contend with Angi's attention.  So, not wanting to watch ahead on any of our shows, I opted to play the video game for a while.  Something very insidiously satisfying about playing "Hitman" when you are a tad bit frustrated!  So, finally, once the baby fell asleep, we found ourselves wide awake.  Ever have that happen, where you are so tired you go around the bend to punch drunk alertness?  Trying to inspire sleep, we climbed into bed and popped in a recently rediscovered copy of one of Angi's favorite films "Beauty and the Beast".  I don't know how long Angi was awake, but I made it as far as when Belle discovered the library then I was gone.  Apparently I must have been a wee bit loud, as she had to rouse me a couple times last night to "roll over".  I feel so bad for the poor woman!  Thankfully, Elijah has watch right now, and she is able to get some mid morning rest.
ANYWAY!
Well cinch up my tighty whitties and call me a soprano!  We got in a FINE looking vintage piece yesterday!  A 1972 Chicago Schwinn Speedster 3 speed!  And I mean she is CHERRY!  ALL original right down to the tires!  Complete with working dyno light kit!!  Only had to do a wee bit of rustication and she was read for the showroom!  Check out the pic below!  Also got a real sweet looking  Raleigh road bike that is in my rack now, begging me to finish her!  So with that, I'd best be on my way!
See ya soon!


1972 SCHWINN SPEEDSTER!
ONLY $160.00!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, but that is a FINE lookin' Schwinn ya got there, Laddie! I'll have to pop by tomorrow and have a look, if it's still there. Hopefully, it's too tall for me, and even more hopefully, it wasn't made in March of '72.

    Long story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to tall? Maybe. March 1972? Well.....I think you are going to want to buy this one then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven-

    Remember, I'm shorter than I look. And a Schwinn made in March of '72 would have a serial number that began with my initials- CH.

    See you real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, crapcrapcrapcrapcrap...

    It IS a March '72 frame. A "CH" Scwhinn. A tad large for me, yes, but now, having seen it in person, it is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Literally as new. Now all I can do is wonder which- and how many- out of my collection I need to offer as trade...

    ReplyDelete