Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Cool Kids!

Hey! Want to try some? Everyone is doing it!
Well, I should have seen this one coming! 
A brief explanation.
As the Snow Birds continue to flock to Florida and the weather is prime for riding, this time of the year business BOOMS!  And as is always the case, we rarely have enough supply to meet the demand!  Oh we're not sitting around on our laurels, oh nay, nay!  We are busily trying to put out as much stock as we can muster, but the supply chain is trickling at best!  Never enough folks selling!  So, as is far to often the case, bikes continue to sell either off the rack as we are working on them or out of bone row before we work on them!  Well, a new wrinkle has been added.  Back in December, after years of resisting the temptation, we finally started to except credit cards.  Now, the rules of "first come, first serve" have taken on a new meaning.  Some folks, familiar with us from years past, are calling in advance of their trips down here, checking on what we have in stock, or coming out and ponying up their CC number to buy in advance!  I must say, it just shows the level of trust and faith that we have been able to instill in folks that they will purchase a bike, sight unseen, knowing full well that we will build it right and stand behind it with our warranty!  Yes, that does seem a mite self aggrandizing, but "When ya got it!  Flaunt it!"
Yesterday was just such a day!  Two of the rides we were going to be working on sold right out of Bone Row to two separate folks.  One is pic'd below, the other, not yet finished will be coming soon.  Maybe. If I remember to take a pic!  But I do have to say, in all humility, Thank you all very much for your trust and continued patronage!   In the end we were able to keep at least one of the rides we built yesterday to show off to any looky loo's as well as picking up a couple more we will be working on shortly! 
And now!  MOVIE REVIEW! (CAUTION! SPOILER ALERTS!)   Plopped all the kiddo's down in front of a new flick last night, one they have been jonesing for.  The new Percy Jackson Flick.  I will admit, I was going to give this one a pass originally, as I was less then impressed with the first.  These films are far to contrived, a weak copy of the Harry Potter fame trying to cash in on the whole "mystical adventures for kids".  And the stories are less then memorable.  I have very few talents, but one thing I can say is I remember just about every film or TV show I have ever watched.  The first film in this series was SO unmemorable I had a difficult time following along the second.  The only real reason I watched (excepting of course that the kids wanted to see it) was the fact that Nathan Fillion appeared as Hermes (yea, the God of Transitions and Boundaries) and yes, much to my glee they actually put in a tongue and cheek reference to "Firefly"!  But other then that and a few cool bouts of special effects, the story was blatantly weak, predictable and frustrating.  At one point, inspiring my ire,  they were attempting to reclaim the golden fleece, being used by the bad guys to resurrect the leader of the Titans, and Percy had a clear shot at retrieving it, but pauses long enough to allow the God to be resurrected, so he can give his cycloptic brother a hug, as he thought he had been killed!  Of course, Percy is then, in a less then surprise ending, able to dispatch the creature with the help of Poseidon's sword.  Of course, all the characters thought to have been gobbled up by the vengeful Titan, drop safely to the ground (yes, kid's movie, nobody really dies).  The truly sad part about the film is I just KNOW there will be a sequel!  UGH! 
In closing, unless you have kids, give it a pass.
All right, that's it for me today, gotta get back at it! 
See ya real soon!


10 SPEED HUFFY MOUNTAIN BIKE!
SOLD


MONGOOSE XR-75 DUAL SHOCK!
ONLY $85.00!!


GARY FISHER MTB!
SOLD!

1 comment:

  1. So...

    Knowing how well you have done in adding the credit option for sales, I foolishly mentioned it to the owners of the small cafe where The Lovely JoAnn and I have breakfast on weekends. They have always been a Cash Only establishment, and I politely asked if they had ever considered taking credit cards. Man, oh man. From their instant and livid reaction, you'd have thought I had asked if they'd like some rattlesnakes stuff down their pants. Whoooo-eee.

    I eat my pancakes in well-cautioned silence these days, but I'm very glad the credit option is working out for you!

    ReplyDelete