Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Start Diggin! And Put Your Back Into It!

Well, I knew their would be consequences!  Once we decided to except credit cards I knew at moments there would be issues. Unlike dealing strictly in cash, when you know how much you have to work with, credit cards have a waiting period.  As an extension of both having a checking account now, AND taking credit cards, when I was asked to except a check the day before Christmas, I hesitated but in the end took the assurances of a very good customer the check his friend wrote would be good.  Now, I hold no malice or ill will, as I know mistakes happen, but the torrent of problems that one little check (OK, it wasn't that little) caused are causing ripples to this day!  As fates would have it, it did not clear.  Apparently the gentleman was writing it based on a Christmas bonus he was anticipating.  On X-Mas eve day he came in and picked up his newly re-furbed and seriously upgraded bike, paid and then proceeded to whisk away to Washington state for the holidays.  Unbeknowst to him, his bonus did not clear until the check he wrote took a spin through his bank, ricocheting like a tennis ball and shattering our account.  At this point the myriad of payments and withdrawals we had made created a cacophony of noise themselves.  In the end, some monies that were owed consignors (awaiting the two day cc clearance) were devoured by  both payments and returned check fees!  ARRGH!!  In the end I had to place my tail firmly between my legs, dine on several courses of crow, and beg their forgiveness!   Once contacted, however the check writer was most sincerely apologetic and has assured us, once he returns from his month away (who gets a month off?!) he will make it all right.  In cash!  So, we extend this public apology to all those wronged in this little debacle!
The weekend is over and it's back to the job, as I'm sure many of you are coming to grips with.  Twas another semi-lazy day 'round the ol' homestead.  As we prepare for the oncoming of the new landlord Angi felt it imperative to give the house a once over.  Truth be told, it wasn't all that dirty!  Aside from the normal accumulation of kid yuck, only took about two hours to cover it.  As always, the kitchen, the chore of the older boys, needed a thorough wash down, as their eye for detail is rather lacking.  I have to give much kudos to the new landlords, though!  He quickly took care of a couple nagging problems we have had with the house since shortly after we moved in, regarding the plumbing.  In just a couple hours he had plumbers fix all the issues that we have had to deal with for a year and a half!  I think we are REALLY going to like this couple! 
So, this weekend was a BLUR of activity, thank you ALL so much!  It is now really light in here for finished product!  WOOF!  But have no fear!  Picked up a bunch of stuff as well, that I will be feverishly busting out today!  And I have motivation!  Last night, when Angi and I did the broods food shopping, she stumbled on a couple sweet films for me!  One of them is the complete first (and only) season of "The Tick!"  A BRILLIANT live action comedy starring Patrick Warburton as the lead!  Think Seinfeld meets the Avengers!  HILARIOUS!!  That'll keep me going! 
So with that, today has already been brisk, so I best get a move on!  See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment