Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

To Pooped To Pop

Cold.
Rainy.
That about sums up why I haven't checked in for a couple days.  Not much to talk about when your neighborhood becomes an arctic outpost.  Oh sure, we have had a few looky loo's and some repairs, which we are eternally grateful for, but in the end, routine.
Last night about ten minuets before closing we did get a patron who travelled from Orlando.  Seems he's intent on building another fixie and as we seem one of the only places in Florida dealing with used bike parts he paid us a visit.  Apparently the cash he spent on gas was worth the effort, as he snagged up the Nishiki road bike and some upgrades.  Not a problem!  As he asked me to strip the bike down to frame, picked up his upgrades and left me the remains!  Which is "SAH-WEET!" 'cause now I have the goodies I need to turn my "Greedo" into a single speed!  It's gonna be one goofy looking fast ride! 
The other night I reluctantly discovered that I am going to be one sorry grandpa!  No, no kiddo's pregnant right now, but I set upon Izzy and Miranda for play time after work and we did a circle chase around the living room sofa.  The "I'm gonna git you" game.  After about twenty laps, and the occasional tickling "I got ya!"s I became aware of just how out of shape I am!  Needing to pause to catch my breath the two exuberant girl folk bade me to continue.  OY!  I better get me to a gym! 
Yes, we have been working on rides, as each and every newbie we put out is leaving just as quick!  Have a tandem in the rack that I battled all day with yesterday, having to make the rear end work, but finally got it just before closing.  Just simple stuff now, and then she is out.  Also, we were donated a couple beaters on Monday, and already built up one and have a Caloi cruiser in paint.  We were going to just scrap that one, originally, but....it's a Caloi!  The original paint couldn't be saved, but now she's a bright, shiny red!  Hopefully that one will be out later today.  Also, got some more goodies yesterday. One's a cute 24" Raleigh "Old School" cross and a mid 80's GT Dyno BMX!!  Gent was going to throw them away after cleaning out his garage but brought them here instead, thinking we may be able to do something with them.  Sure gonna try!
Oh...this bloody rain is getting heavier!  Yuch!
Well, as I said, not much to chit chat about, and as the curse of now having cable AND internet at the house (yes.....I caved) we have been spending WAY to much time into the wee hours of the morning catching up on some of our favorite shows.  Not to mention with all the extra providers Angi has downloaded, we are discovering other programs.  Needless to say, been dragging a wee bit.
Oy.
See y'all soon!



3 comments:

  1. Steven-

    I know it's tough to get in any real exercise when you work seven days a week, but you do need to donate that evil electric bicycle to some artificial reef project. GET RID OF IT. I get my best workout on my fixie, no doubt about it. I try to get in at least two hours of decent cycling or walking a day, but hey, I'm retired. I got all day!

    Still: Electric bikes are for robots. Ditch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way-

    The formula to lose weight and get fit is very simple: You limit yourself to 7 calores of food per day per pound of your current weight, and you excercise one minute per current pound weighed every day.

    And after you do that math, try to hold the Daddy Language to a minimum. This is a family blog.

    I took one year to shed one third of my body weight and get back in the the jeans I wore in high school. I have a BMI of 21 and as you well know, can ride (or walk) all day long, and often do.

    And, for the record, I will be 63 in March.

    Get fit an live. Consider that a threat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you'll be happy to know, I took your advice even before you gave it! Last night prior to leaving the shop I came to the same conclusion that I could risk getting spoiled REAL QUICK, so I rode the Kline home! A very good work out, but not my type of bike. Way to much road rumble with them beefy tires. No, today I rebuild "Greedo" and ride him for a while!

    ReplyDelete