Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Slight Error On Our Part...Somewhat.

Have to admit we have had to change a bit of policy on our part because loopholes must be closed.  If any of you may have noticed over our "What's still here" we had a little blurb that said "call to reserve".  Well apparently we weren't to clear.  By "reserve" we meant "to buy".  But the trick was, folks needed to let us know they were coming to buy it, but not "check it out".  Well today tested that distinction in the way of a triple treat.  Earlier in the day had a gent call about the Specialized Hard Rock we had.  Said he was interested in picking it up.  That he would try and get up later on.  Well I said thank you very much and went on about my day.  See, we get calls of this nature all day and some come in but most of the time...not so much . Later that afternoon a man came in looking for a commuter and picked up the Fuji MTB.  As he went to the ATM to get cash another guy came in to pick up the Fuji, that he'd been eyeing for the last few mornings as he passed by, but I had to tell him unfortunately it sold to "that" gentleman.  As he lamented his loss, he checked out the Hard Rock and decided it was a fair alternative.  He made the purchase and as I was helping him install a set of lights on it who should walk in, but the gent who called earlier that day.
Ouch.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I feel bad for him because in his words he drove 45 minutes to get it, but it was never made clear that buying was his intent.  I offered him a discount on any other ride he may be interested in for the trouble, but as there was nothing left similar to the Specialized he declined.  So In due fairness I have removed the "Call to reserve" so as to avoid any more inconvenience to anyone.
Moving On.
Only managed to get one out today, don't ask me how that happened.  I apparently got lazy.  But have no fear I have even more goodies to work through tomorrow.
So alright that's about it for tonight but remember tomorrow is 4 X 4 Friday!  Be there!

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    I think you are absolutely right and justified to pull the "Call to reserve" option. Yours is a cash and carry business, and I would never expect to be able to call to hold a bike. Do any other shops do that? I doubt it.

    Hi-ho!

    Uncle Chippie

    ReplyDelete