Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Birds of A Feather.

I knew it!
There are other people out there with the same brilliant idea we fell prey to!
  Er....ah?
 I mean......
The same brilliant idea we were inspired to bring to fruition.
Yea.'That's what I meant.
A gent by the name a Gil was refereed to us by another shop in town as he was visiting the area and interested in some deals on used bikes and parts.
See he does the same shtick as us but up in Indiana.  We had a good long visit and exchanged war stories.  He poked around the Dungeon and ended up buying all three of the vintage Raleigh Twenty's we had.  At least I know they will be going to someone who can appreciate them for what they are.  A fellow lover of the classics!  look forward to seeing you again sir.
Also thanks to the dad in the process of fixing up his daughters bike that her Mom "killed".  Believe me, given the shape of the rear wheel (think a big soft pretzel), and the crank arm (sheared in half) it was a horribly violent death.  Must have gotten stuck in the crank shaft of the truck and spit out after dragging for a few miles. Anyway.  It's real fun when they come in for one thing and start poking around and end up thrilled at just how low the prices are around here.  He ended up picking up two more kiddo's BMX for his other kids just 'cause they were so cheap.  Thanks for your continued patronage sir!  Look forward to your continued business.
Oh and while I'm thanking I should give condolences.  A young man came in last night (forgot to mention yesterday) to pick up....um....I think it was a tube.  Apparently he has been reading the blog for awhile and much to his regret as he stood at the counter a slight knowing grin crept over him and he asked " I read your blog...so who are you going to vote for and why?"
Ahem.
No.
Literally.
I went "ahem". Straighten my collar.  Rubbed my hands vigorously.  And proceeded to go in a rambling rant about just what I thought about current governmental policies, the economy, the fear of returning to what was before in the guise of Romney-omics and just kept going.'
Until I caught the glazed, empty desperate gaze in the poor unfortunate man's eyes as he tenuously glanced towards the door and blessed freedom.
So I wrapped it up quickly.
OK, so it wasn't that bad.  But it was a good conversation and I think he was surprised that we shared many of the same opinions when it came to the necessity of streamlining some of our social policies and expenses of entitlement programs.
Yes.  If I haven't made it clear I am a overzealous conservative independent.
Surprised?
Suffice to say, Minnesota has the right idea.  Work for welfare!  ALSO.  Invest in viable green energy and stop wondering if global warming is real and accept it as a reality!  Cut out deficit spending.  Streamline the military. dare I say...broad tax.  Start at the top and lower the rate as you go down.  More support for education and small business.  Employ a "pay as you work" policy for student loans. Directly deducting from their paycheck at a reasonable rate to allow a decent living wage.  Raise minimum wage.  Amnesty for all eligible aliens with proof of residency in the US for five or more years (think of the taxes that can be raised) legalize marijuana...
OK.  Hold on.  Let me explain that last one before I get my PTA membership revoked! I am not a user or promoter for the product.  Just a realist.  Put simply the War on Drugs is a failed policy.  Period.  Look at the amount of cash we spend everyday across the spectrum to stop the importation and/or distribution of a flower.  It's OBSCENE!  The amount of lives lost not because of  any ill effects of the drug, but because of the war. The amount of young men who's lives are ruined because of being caught in possession of less then an ounce of the stuff?!
Nah!  Grow it.  Package it, slap a federal stamp on it, collect 170% in fed and state taxes on the sale of it.  Then grow hemp, save a BUTT load of trees and use it for everything we currently use trees for.  Well maybe not lumber.  Could you imagine a house fire with a house made of hemp?
Hunh.
Bet no one would be to upset standing in that smoke talking to the news crew!
Sorry.
I digress.
Where was I.  Oh yea.  Stop wasting money on surveillance of American citizens when you are supposed to be looking for terrorists....
ANYWAY!
I think you get my point.  If for a moment all the schmucks in office could stop thinking about special interests  and just work for the people they are SUPPOSED to be working for.
Ah yes.  As the great John Lennon once said "you may think I'm a dreamer"  but honestly...
I'm not the only one.
So until tomorrow folks!
See ya at the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment