Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Parental Guidance Requested

How many chances does a child get before they are proclaimed legally brain-dead? 
Can't answer that one either, hunh?
Yep, back in the thick of it! God, I'll be happy when school is out!  Surprised I said that?  Well, lets face it, with the sate of public school's today, my children are safer (and INFINITELY more behaved) when they are with Mom and Dad.  Best for our brood that they be within eye-shot.  I'm sure I have to take some responsibility (genetics and all that) for there plethora of personality peccadillo's, but LORD!
Seems that about a week and a half was all the good behavior we could get out of our middle schooler after his return to General population.  Just got the call from the friendly automated 7 pm call that "your child missed one or more periods today..." And of course had to go through the 20 minute steps of denial, misdirection, partial admission and eventual "I don't knows" leading to the inevitable banging of the head against a brick wall (mine not his because that would be wrong (and it leaves marks that will be questioned!))
Ah...parental bliss.
Well anyway...
After taking the better part of the last two days to basically fart around (I did work a little) and take advantage of a slow period to catch up on my much neglected Scrabble web site, I managed to get some work done.  Everyone was in attendance today, and after a much needed "Coming To Jesus" ass-chewing they so richly deserved, everyone was on top of things, correctly!  Hopefully there will be no further screw-ups! 
Have been putzin with a Specialized Crossroads that has been giving me a run for my money, but it's finally DONE!  And in retrospect was worth the effort.  This is one fast moving cutey!  Then moved onto a mutt that is turning out to be a crossbreed between a road and mountain bike (with a touch of commuter)  Who says you can't mix apples with oranges!?
So now I am off to  enjoy Anthony Hopkins in "the Rite"  Not much of a scary movie buff, but I LOVE Mr. Hopkins!
NITE!

SWEET SPECIALIZED HYBRID
ONLY $155.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment