Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Babies day out!

Classic movie.
However, we're talking about me now!  Got a hair across my craw yesterday, as I have become tired of tripping over projects (and bodies) in the Dungeon to convert the paint booth (which in fact has been used as storage for nigh on a hundred years now) into a work bay.  Well first things first.  As it was litterly piled with sh....tuff, we had to do a house cleaning.  Some back to the garage but most scraped out.  And after bringing them to the garage, we found alot there that could just be scrapped out as well.  when all was said and done, Jose's truck was QUITE full.  And i got to take my first trip to the scrap yard.  OK, maybe not my first trip, but defiantly my longest!  As we had both dirty metal and aluminum, we had to wait for the ferrous metal scales to be ready, as the state just HAPPENED to be there testing the scales.  It did, however afford me the opportunity to witness a microcosm of activity quite fascinating.  Almost symphonic in there movements, with a touch of whimsical nostalgia, I watch them work.  As every aspect of humanity seem to frequent this small outcropping of dirt, sitting within a grove of trees, marking what lays past the dead end street, amongst the apparent order of stations, sat the HUGE pile of dirty metal.  As one lone crane swayed back and forth, hungrily grasping its mead, to then regurgitate it into the awaiting trailer.  As this continued unabated, everything from a Mercedes with an old washer jutting from the trunk, to be unloaded by a shirt and tie with sleeves rolled up, to a grizzled sun bleached old man, towing a makeshift cart behind a well worn bicycle deposited their (or others) refuse onto the ever increasing pile.  I was reminded of my days as a young teenager, working in my landlords junkyard, driving the "cutting" cars, as I watched a father and son, with what appeared to be the rear 2/3 of some car strapped to the back of a small pickup attempting to deposit it by doing the Redneck Slide.  To the uninitiated, this is where you remove the straps and back up towards the pile real fast and hit the brakes, and let inertia do the rest.  it took three tries, until the attendants assisted.  Made me wonder how they got the bloody thing on in the first place.
It was a very enlightening brake from my norm.
ANYWAY!
yesterday was quite productive otherwise.  After picking up some more goodies, we all got on them real quick.  Heaven knows we needed them!  And put out 3 more peaches.  The Old School Robin Hood I had promised to have out is all but done, save the seat.  Worked late on it until last last night at which point I realized I had none that would do it credit, so I'm in the process of trying to repair the old one. 
BUT, as fate would have it, my little "accident" of last Saturday, may not have been as benign as I had first thought, and I am now preparing to ONCE AGAIN visit the ER, to make sure I in fact did not brake something.
Se' la vie.
BUT, everyone else is here, so COME ON DOWN
"DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"
$65.00

"DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"
$55.00

LADIES 26" FUJI MTB
ONLY $110.00!!

AND IMAGINE THIS, TO THE TUNE OF MY NAME, BEING REPEATED BY MY ANNOYING EMPLOYEES AND YOU HAVE AN IMAGE OF MY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment