Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Its Summer Time (or; "Why am I being woken up at 6.30 am by yelling?")

Ah, summer time.  A blissful time of wistful walks on grassy knolls while delightfully happy children prance merrily about the flowers.  Blanketed picnics, accompanied with wine, and delicate cheeses as gentle tones wisp upon the breeze of pleasant conversation.
ah...yea! (insert sarcastic tone)
Who invented summer vacation anyway.  Seems somewhat unnecessary nowadays.  (of course when my generation attended school, it was much harder, more work, we deserved a break *snicker*) I say, make 'em go all year round, until there 16 and then emancipate them before they get REALLY annoying!
Seriously.
(OK, not so much)
It is true, however that having them around, whilst a pleasant experience for my wife (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) it gives me pause to feel like a heel.  During the school year, for the most part my wife and eldest son have the thankless task of getting the little ones up, dressed and to school by the ungodly hour of 8 am.  Quite frankly, I was under the impression that the Universe did not  materialize until roughly 9.30am, when I awoke.  I was grossly misinformed!  During the school year, once I have awoken, the remainder of the house has gone back to bed and i am allowed the luxury of a quite morning of coffee and reflection, a pause to plan the course of my day.  As it should be, being the man of the house and all.
NOW, as I stumble over the vast chasm between the bedroom and coffee pot, I have several bright eyed and bushy tailed youngsters DYING to talk to me.  As any sane adult knows, you cannot carry on any coherent conversation with someone PRIOR to them having imbibed sufficient levels of caffeine.  Children (an un-abating source of continual jubilant energy) have yet to discover this reality.
So as I said i feel like a heel, as I half heartily responded to the inquiries, drawings, plans, relevance of future events, there theories considering the importance of Butter in peanuts? ETC. ET all, ad naseum!
They quickly come to realize that "Daddy's not really listening" resulting in various results, all verging on disappointed.  Hence that parental feeling of "I really don't want to dis' my kids, but I have to get motivated and to work"  with the inevitable, reoccurring thought of "I'll make it up to them!"
(this is where you insert the tune "Cat's in the cradle")
YUP!  Feel like a heel.
On the upside though, at least Mom's there and as much as they all kid around they know they are loved, even the obnoxious, teenagers who revel in the fact that they are both now bigger then mom and dad.
I have climbed atop the "Tower of Babel"!
ANYWAY!  Thanks to Chip for his weekly stop by, and confab.  The "Underdog" is a triumphant success and he has promised to bring it by so I can kill myself, I mean RIDE it, soon!  I also enjoyed hearing the inside scoop on his latest novel, I WON'T give away any spoilers, save to say it would seem a very clever use of recently outdated technology for the back drop of an interesting mystery!
Cryptic?
I think successfully so!
Also it was interesting in hearing the fascinating path that "Clearwaters oldest Schwinn Shop" took. I think THAT story would make an interesting novel as well!
Well yesterday seemed to go rather well, although i was not here.  No in fact there were no broken bones, although I think the term "hemotoma" sounds worse then fracture!  But it's not.  And, for all you sick little monkeys who expressed curiosity as "How Bad Is IT?"  Check out the pic below.  CAUTION, not for the faint of heart!
Today promises to be a humdinger, as Angi and the crew picked up a plethora of goodies yesterday, and I have so far today snagged a SWEET Fuji road bike!  So enough yakkin' off to the salt mines!

No comments:

Post a Comment