Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

We apologize to all Llamas, as they are a graceful and noble creature!

All right first things first! I apologize yet again for the long pause in posting, not to mention the aborted attempt at posting two days ago. For anyone (and Uncle Chippie) who read through it may or may not notice that my thoughts were cut short as I had not made it through to my point. This was due in total to a failure of what I thought had been a repaired Internet connection. I was sadly mistaken, and apparently it made the editorial decision to cut me off mid stream.
In honest retrospect it was probably a wise move on my carriers part.
BUT, I think we have the problem fixed and will move on. I did in fact revisit my ramblings and edited and completed that entry for any of you brave enough to read through it again. If not, read on.
Well to quote the immortal Micheal Corleone "Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in!" Yes, I don't know just when it happened but after a few weeks of being relegated to listening to NPR the long sequestered News Junkie in me has come out of the closet yet again!
And he's Flaming!
So as I considered it my civic duty to impose upon you  my opinion of current events grab yourself a coffee, your fave reading chair and hold on for...
A LAYMAN'S LOOK!
Well seems like the current presidential race is getting more and more intriguing as we finally catch a glimpse of the true Romney!  Yes, as to be expected a man who has lived a life of privilege and has never had to suffer the indignity of presenting a food stamp card at the check out, or endure the inequity of a "unemployment line" nor has had to rob Peter to pay Paul was caught on video at a dinner for HIS constituents (check it out on you tube "mitt Romney's 47%) stating unequivocally that 47% of Americans don't pay taxes,live off the government as they have a "victims" mentality and expect to be provided with housing, food and medical care and he's not worried about them (I'm paraphrasing) 
Wow.
He of course came back quickly with massive back peddling to explain away his comments as he wants to bring us OUT of poverty, but seriously? If you have any doubt that he is not your traditional conservative looking to give handouts and tax breaks to the ubber wealthy (he thinks that "middle class" is anyone making 250,000.00 or less a year!?!?) then you deserve to be living in his America.

Now I am a firm believer in freedom of speech and any one's right to lampoon or slam anyone they want.  Hey, we all have "off" buttons.  I myself am a HUGE fan of "Family Guy" and include in my evening prayers that they will make another sequel in the "Harold and Kumar" franchise, but I DO have my limits.  See, these and others will first present the traditional stereotypes in an "in your face" way but in so doing show just how foolish these conceptualizations are. Yes, they can get downright raunchy but there is a line.
So when the fecal matter hit the oscillating device in the middle east over the lousy movie I think this reaction should have given some folks pause.  
But not the French.
Charlie Hebdo recently featured a series of comic strips ridiculing the prophet and the Islamic recent reactions.  The cartoonists defends the work by stating that they were only doing what they normally do by  putting a "humorous" spin on current events.
Or was it just an attempt to profit on scandal?
Look at how much smack the Italian magazines made off the topless photos of the Duchess.
Personally, when it comes to downright "hate speech" I hit the off button. 

And for the vindication of Genoists everywhere!  Seems they recently trotted out an ancient piece of parchment discovered in Egypt that has been authenticated to have come from the later half of the second century AD that speaks of Jesus, mentions the name Mary (could be his mom)  then refers to a line "Jesus said to them," my wife"..." giving credence to a long held belief that Jesus was in fact married to Mary Magdalene and sired a child (go rent the Davinci Code) and that it was Mary who Jesus pegged to continue his church when he was gone.  This revelation if ever brought to light would most certainly have earth shattering consequences to many faiths.  Hey, I'd love to see a woman Pope! Maybe a more matriarchal Holiness would be more likely to share some of the Vatican's wealth with some of the poorer nations.

ANYWAY!
Now that we are back up and running we will be treating you to a bevy of pics for the rides we have put together over the last couple of weeks (those that still remain in stock that is) Some real choice rides here!
And I'll be back tomorrow with some more insightful (yet oddly unremarkable) comments tomorrow!
Night!
REDLINE BMX
ONLY $120.00

HARO BMX
ONLY $125.00!!!

GT ROAD BIKE
ONLY $170.00!!!

SEXY SCHWINN
ONLY $90.00!!!

LADIES SCHWINN
ONLY $70.00!!

DUAL SHOCK MTB
ONLY $65.00!!!

CLASSIC SPECIALIZED HARD ROCK
ONLY $95.00!!

GENESIS 29'ER
LIKE NEW!!!
ONLY $180.00!!

HUFFY COMFORT CRUISER!!
ONLY $80.00!!!




1 comment:

  1. Fergit the DaVinci Code, dude. Go back a bit further and read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". Or is it "Holy Grail, Holy Blood"? Whichever. They make the interesting point that all of the images we see that we assume to be the Mother Mary and Baby Jesus are, in fact, Mrs. Christ and Jesus Jr., and that the bloodline thereof is the Order of Scion. I won't say it's an interesting read, as they take forever to make any point at all, but they do get there eventually.

    My lovely wife points out that "Jesus" was not an uncommon name (then or now), so how do we know that the scrap of parchment recently revealed, that refers to "Jesus's wife", is refering to THAT particular Jesus? We don't.

    As for me, I just take it all in and then go ride my bike.

    Hi-ho!

    Uncle Chippie

    ReplyDelete