Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Non Issue

Humph.
Well as many of you who read this blog on a regular basis can attest to, from time to time I lament about my children and their many peccadillo's on a somewhat normal basis. So in the spirit of fair reporting I feel obligated to re port when one or more of my children honor an old saying my father would occasionally utter in reference to me "sometimes that boy impresses me".  Granted, infrequently.
As I've mentioned Mama has gone away for a week to be with her family in MO, as she regrettably lost her grandfather.  She left out earl;y this am, and originally I'd intended on bringing the baby girls to the shop but as we have had a huge influx of repairs, I didn't want to fall behind.  And trust me, having Izzy and Miranda at the shop would have put the kibosh on doing any greasy dirty work as they both need constant holding and such (really the best part of having babies anyway!).  So with much reluctance I took Elijah up on his offer to stay home with them.  One thing I can say for the boy, he's excellent with the little ones.  With slight trepidation I left him to go to the shop, not for the little girls sake, but for what I was sure would be the inevitable ruin of the houses sanitary and organizational condition upon my return.  Well much to my "shock and awe" when I arrived home this evening not only was the house NOT a mess, but dinner had been done, dished out, ate, and cleaned up after.  All school age children (and Izzy) were bathed and dressed for bed, and school clothes were laid out.  They even had left a fresh towel for me in the bathroom!
I was justifiably shocked!
Perhaps the future holds some hope after all.
ANYWAY!
 As I hinted towards, today was another day blissfully busy getting folks rides ready for the season!  And a real shout out thanks to all for your trust, AND to the many other folks who referred these folks to us!  Always the best kind of compliment!  Managing to keep up (for the most part) with everything, even stopping to do small "drop in" repairs in reasonable time.
Was only able to pop out one newbie, but shes a sweety!  Nice Big Boy Diamondback Hybrid 24 speed. FULLY re-furbed and looking sharp!  I describe it only because I forgot to take a pic again.
Sorry.
Special thanks to Uncle Chippie for dropping in to consult on the "mystery" bike.  We are in complete agreement on two points:  It is a very sharp, clean lightweight lugged frame with some real choice components and two: we have no bloody idea what it is.  He hinted to a Rivendale,  a very HIGH end bike from back when.
Hmmmm?
Not sure, so the inquest continues.
Well, I'm gonna end it here as I have to try in vain to get comfortable to sleep with out my security blanket.  So good night and see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Steven-

    What did I just tell you the other day? As long as the kid's name ends in A-T-H-E-R-T-O-N, the future is looking pretty good. Keep calm and carry on, Dad.

    As for the Mystery Bike, how's about posting a close up photo of that one lone "TR" logo on the front brake cable hanger? Maybe one of your readers might recognize it, and if they don't, I'll snag the photo off of your blog and pass it along to the bike types that I know. That is one NICE bike. Anbd it's my size. Drat. You've honestly got me looking around here, wondering where I'd put it.

    Hi-ho!

    Uncle Chippie

    ReplyDelete