Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand......We're Back!

Thanks to 7 to 9 business days we are back up to full Internet power! I greatly appreciate my lovely wife allowing me the use of her pocket computer cell phone thingy but these fat fingers don't do well texting in my blog! I do much better on the old fashioned computer key board. Yes, we were down without Internet (LORD we re-watched ALOT of DVD's!) for almost a week thanks to a failed wireless tower (Owen quite deftly dodged the incoming beanbag hurled with accuracy and great force by Elijah, however the internet tower was not quite as agile....nor durable) but we are once again able to do this right! Not to mention, more importantly we can once again post pics of all the goodies we have been putting out of late. And oh man there have been alot but I'm not posting everyone 'cause many have already found new homes. Yes, it has been a hum dinger of two days as folks are gearing up for the return to school. Nine have come and gone but have no fear we are pushing more out as quick as possible.
OK!
On to more fun topics!
Thanks to the blessing of mail order Netflix every few days we get new flicks in the mail and last week we got disc one of the Gargoyles animated series. Do you remember the classic 90's "steeped in lore" gem! As it was one of Angie's and my favorites in our youth (Ok...our 20's) we wanted to introduce our kids to the superb series. As we digested the entire first dozen episodes and were awaiting disc 2 I became curious as to whether or not they were ever going to make a live action film to bring the series into the new century. Let's face it, with the advances in movie magic over the last decade and the fully developed storyline and characters, not to mention the potential to capitalize on the nostalgia (think about it. Most of the folks who were into it back then are now in their 20's and 30's. PRIME demographic!) I figure it would be a great concept for the next big franchise. Well imagine my joy when I was perusing the Internet and found several blurbs about Disney putting into motion preparations for a Gargoyles movie!
But then I read past the headlines.
I have to file my response under "what the HELL are they thinking?!"
Apparently the high muckety mucks at The Mouse House are indeed soliciting scripts for a film entitled "Gargoyles". As the story pitch goes in this films world stone gargoyles come to life and serve as protectors for the city they reside in.
BUT...it has NOTHING to do with the animated series. And they were VERY explicit in that fact.
For whatever reason they have opted to NOT utilize the property that has long since been developed...and they OWN! Instead they will create a whole new canon.
I don't know if any of the big wigs at Disney read this blog (doubt) but if for nothing other then my own sanity I have to say you have in your stable a property superbly crafted and incredibly engaging. One that could easily spawn a slew of sequels and rake in some serious bank. To attempt to recreate the concept and NOT utilize the characters so many people became enamored with is not only crazy but insulting! Just a writers ego trip!
Well I can only hope they come to their senses before they except a script!
All right...I have blathered long enough!
We hope to see you all real soon (tomorrow) and have a great night!
24 SPEED GARY FISHER
$175.00!!!

7 SPEED 20" MGX MTB!!!
ONLY $55.00!!

18 SPEED MTB "DAILY BANGER SPECIAL"!!
ONLY $65.00!!!

24" DAILY BANGER SPECIAL
ONLY $50.00!!

SWEET SCHWINN MTB!!
ONLY $85.00!!!

CHECK OUT THE SWEET LUG WORK ON THIS CHOICE VINTAGE RALEIGH!!

FULLY REPAINTED/REFURBED VINTAGE RALEIGH CUSTOMIZED INTO SINGLE SPEED URBAN COMMUTER!!!
ONLY $225.00!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment