Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Why No...I DO NOT Look Flattering In Spandex!

Opened a tad bit on the late side this morn.  Combination of factors.  Yesterday was last day of school so Mom threw the much celebrated annual "Eat Junk and Watch TV Until You Pass Out" festival.  I was outlasted by Logan, Owen, Elijah and Mom, and I finally gave in around 2 am.  Then when I awoke this morning it was so dark and stormy outside I just feel back asleep thinking it was still early!
It was not.
I awoke again to a panicked Angi stating it was almost 10 am!!  She knows how much I hate being late.  Well the storm had not abated so I did my best trying to remain dry while getting to work.  Even though my recumbent can get up and go, it wasn't fast enough and I found myself waterlogged by the time I reached the shop.  As I am not smart enough to keep a spare set of clothes at the shop I grabbed a Gangstah! T-Shirt from the local "Quickie Mart" but the only thing I had available was a lovely pair of Spandex biker shorts.
How do so many Middle aged men wear these things?
In PUBLIC?!
Oh sure, they are comfortable...
But in PUBLIC!
I am SOOOO sitting behind the counter until my pants dry!
ANYWAY!
Had an interesting conversation with a gent passing by the shop yesterday when he saw the sign in our door "Kill Your Car".  Apparently he was somewhat disapproving f the sentiment and wanted to know just what we had against cars.  Well aside from the pollution, the cost, the environmental impact, the cost  it was the folks who develop a God complex when they drive.  No offense to those of you still unfortunately, stubbornly grasping the petroleum tit but something happens to perfectly good normal folk when they get behind the wheel, and I have met WAY to many folks, and personally experienced it myself of being struck on their bicycles by an inept and unobservant driver who ignorantly continues on their way oblivious to the fact that there incessant need to text, or change the station, or answer a cell phone call has resulted in a near traffic fatality!
I give for your perusal the following, courtesy of my web hunting wife!

 
And this one produced moren then 60 years ago PROVES that some things just NEVER change!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment