Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Check The "Fixed in My Ways" Watch!

Lord it's happening!
Apparently when you reach a certain age you become very set on how things are suppose to coexist in your daily routine.  Yesterday when I went to the Wrens nest for my coffee the two brothers who own the place weren't there and their mom was working.  She's a very sweet lady but for an Alzheimer's moment I stood confused at the unfamiliar face and forgot why I was there!
Sad.
Anyway!
A belated recognition of Fathers Day!  As I said, being set in my ways Angela reluctantly accepts that I never want a fuss made, so it was a simple ceremony, and Audrey and the grandson came by for the day to visit.  Which briefly set Miranda to tears as I was holding Aiden and when he went to cuddle with me she went absolutely Ape $#!+!  Was one of those parental moments when you laugh and cry at the same time to see the angry fit thrown because someone else was cuddling with her Daddy.  A regular occurrence whether it's with the grandson the other children our even Angela.  And for a surreal moment when Aiden and Miranda were playing on the floor having an angry tug-of-war with a talking book I had the sudden realization that there sat an Aunt and a Nephew who is 4 months older fighting over a toy! 
Sheesh!
We are those Redneck neighbors!
As I prefer the kids gave me a series of hand made gifts and Angela bestowed upon me the perfect gift!  Practical ones!  My favorite!  New socks and work shirts, with a hand made and autographed one hand drawn by Elijah and signed by the rest.  We had a big brunch, which unfortunately we ate a little late as the dinner made came only three hours later which very little was eaten.  But it'll keep!  Made a great stew the next day!  Then as the day wound down and the kiddos went to bed I set out to fulfill a lifetime goal1
I've always been a firm believer in setting and achieving goals.  Personal or professional, doesn't matter as long as you have something to drive you.  The only thing is, I am a simple man of simple desires and as (caution: getting sappy) the major goal in my life was achieved sometime ago in the way of my wife and children I have so little to drive me.  This goal in particular may seem trivial, but was one I have been planning on doing for years but for some reason just never got around to doing, But with the help of Elijah to document this feat of daring do (as Angela wanted nothing to do with this dangerous and potentially lethal stunt) this life long goal was achieved!

CAUTION: THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAINS DISTURBING MATERIAL AND IMAGES AND MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNGER VIEWERS OR THOSE WITH WEAK CONSTITUTION!


I apologize to any and all who may have been offended by this life threatening feat!
ANYWAY!
Thanks to all for braving the heat yesterday and giving us a visit!  Found a home for the remaining recumbent to a very excited young woman and also gained a new customer in her boyfriend as he was quite astounded as to how little we charge for sales and service.  apparently he has been a long suffering victim of the local 'boutique' bike shops! And to the two gents who came in and snagged up a couple rides for local bar crawls!  Remember the cops WILL pull over cyclists and ticket and/or arrest them for operating under the influence.
Was so busy with repairs yesterday (thanks for the trust!) didn't get out anything new, but am in full force today to put out some goodies!  Got a classic Peugeot road bike just waiting to be unleashed!  So with that I bid you farewell and will see ya soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment