Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE TELEVISED!

So....
What did you get for Christmas?
Obviously as the astute reader will have ascertained it has been over two weeks since our last entry.  As it turns out one of the wonderful holiday "gifts" I got was one HELL of a destructive computer virus!  Seems whatever has been dogging my lap top and triggering my Malware finally got thru and when I fired her up Christmas afternoon to talk about the holidays I was met with a big blue block telling me several bits of bad news of the non existence of a majority of my operating systems.
SO.....
Finally had to break down and go get a loaner while the original gets sent to CompuDoc or whatever to see if she's salvageable.
Sigh.
Now on to another belated Christmas gift we received in the mail a couple of days ago.  Suffice to say some folks, not surprisingly put commerce over loyalty.  As our three year lease is up in March of this year the management at our plaza have opt not to renew.  No obvious reason was given other then "chosen not to..." but the scuttle butt about the plaza (Lot's of helpful busy bodies about) is that another business is coming in our place.  See, next to our shop are two empty storefronts that have sat unused the entirety of the three years we have been here.  Apparently whatever is coming in needs all three spaces merged into one and won't sign on for just the other two!  Therefore....out we go.
BUT!
Have no fear! 
We had a sneaking suspicion that this very thing may have been brewing for the last couple of months so we have been scouting for a new location for our little enterprise and currently have three options open to us!  And obviously as we wish to stay in the general vicinity each one is within less then a mile of our previous one.  (hint! The one we are all leaning toward sits just north on North Highland/Patricia next to Dodges, across from the bowling lanes.  GREAT frontage!)  We will of course keep everyone up to date as we get closer to the move and hope that all our loyal customers will continue to visit, en masse!
ANYWAY!
On to work!
well....
Wish I had a boat load of new rides to feature here as it is the first time I have written in two weeks but as we have been working break neck almost everything has been selling quick as we can make it!  And we have made some GEMS!  But even the three we built today are gone already so...
sorry.
But I do have three back to back road bikes I'll be pumping out tomorrow (hopefully) so I'll have more to show tomorrow.  That's not to say we have nothing in stock!  Oh NAY NAY!
just not much.
But feel free to come in and poke through our "soon-to-be's"! and reserve yours today!
Well, for now I must be off as I just picked up a copy of "Judge Dredd" (the new one...not the God AWFUL Sylvester Stallone one) and I can't wait to check her out!
Night!

2 comments:

  1. Gah! I hate moving, and I hope your transition as as smooth and stress-free as it can be. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of support! Sad part is back in july we purged about 10% of our over stock for scrap metal...
    it weighed 3,567 pounds.
    so if math serves me that leaves.....
    ..times it by....and carry the one...to the tenth power...
    like a billion or so more pounds to move!!!

    ReplyDelete