Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ill Advised Brilliant Idea (Phase three)

Well.
On our day off after doing our house cleaning chores someone (and I ain't takin' the heat for this one) had a brilliant idea.  When Mom and Dad went up to the new joint to scrape the old nail salon graphics off the windows and put up temporary scrawl on the windows to warn the neighbors 'bout what was comin' we would take along the whole shebang of kiddo's and see the place.
Heh.
Oh yea...that was fun.
Of course the normal barrage of needling and animosity ensued a  scant few feet from our front door until we got to the street corner where upon Mom brought out "The voice"!  You know the type.  That shrill, up-a-few-octaves "momspeak" that terrifies and immediately puts in line both kids and dads alike. Then it was merely a matter of crowd control, and constant re-direction until we finally (how much farther IS it?!)  arrived at the shop.  We let the kids explore while mom and dad broke out the Windex and razor scrapers and went to work.  All went relatively well except for  the occasional "DON'T bang on the windows!" and "Stay INSIDE!" the only real issue.
Until.
Well, first let me explain one thing to "set the scene".  The joint use to be a nail salon.  And in accordance to their previous needs at the back of the store they had a bank of three sinks with water leads in the floor.  A 3-4 inch PVC pipe topped with a spigot.  I thought nothing of them as I will be removing them and capping the pipe prior to covering them up with my work benches.  I was under the impression that the water was turned off as the previous tenants had left the premises.
WELL.....
I was disastrously mistaken.
And it took Kaleb playing soccer with an old Cranberry juice bottle to point out the error of my assumption!
Now I'll give him credit, once he did his Beckam slam on the thing and discovered old faithful through the fragility of PVC up against a hard goal attempt he did the right thing.
Tried to hide the fact by quickly covering it up with a towel.
It took Owen's panicked insistence to get me a runnin'.  Luckily I was able to discover the well hidden, unmarked water main...after about a ten minute deluge.
Needless to say, the bailing out took slightly longer with nothing more then a dust pan, a very frayed mop and a piece of old poster board as  a squeegee.
Well after some time we left, sign clearly in the window but with nerves a tad bit frayed none the less!
Humph.  Next time it's mom and dad alone.
ANYWAY!
Tomorrow it's back to organizing and possibly get a couple more goodies out, who knows!  But y'all need to come in and give me a reason to HAVE to build more!  (hint, hint! nudge, nudge! Say no more, say no MORE!)
'fore I leave though!  Family movie night this week was "Hotel Transylvania!"
FUNNY!  It's good to finally see another animated flick worth some weight!  Far to many bones lately!  It had everything you need!  Humor, story, good art, keen voice talent, entertaining musical numbers, and endearing moment of emotional cathrsism (with a BRILLIANT jab at "Twilight"!) but during the ending credits is what I REALLY want to talk about!   There is some absolutely gorgeous concept art used as a backdrop by Noelle Triaureau!  I've always been a fan of concept art from back in the day when I was first exposed via Ralph Mcquarries Star Wars (Steampunk style!) , and this girls talent is RIGHT up there!  I am SO buying the "art of..." book!  Check 'em out and swipe 'em for your wallpaper!
I already use the background castle one myself!
All right y'all, have a great night and we'll see ya tomorrow!













No comments:

Post a Comment